Attractive headphones?

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Attractive headphones?

Postposted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:03 am

I have a very nice pair of HFI 580s, with great sound. The only problem is that they are so large it makes me look funny. Obviously not the kind of thing you'd want to be toting around in public. Anyone have an idea for a great sounding, sexy looking pair of headphones that is actually wearable at school? Preferably below $120.
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
-Bill Gates
Black Applesauce
Gerbil

Re: Attractive headphones?

Postposted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:49 am

Both Klipch (PortaPro?) and Sennheiser (PX series) have mobile headphones that are small and light.
Btw: I have Sennheiser PX100s and they sound very good indeed.

"Sexy looking" is your call, not mine.
Stickem
Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:02 am

I don't suggest buying headphones for their aesthetic qualities. Buy something that sounds good and feels good on your head. You have a nice set already. I honestly wouldn't buy another pair if I were you.

Maybe consider a pair of IEMs.
i7 860 - GA-P55-USB3 - 8GiB - HD7850 - SSD - 3.64TB HDD - Xonar D1 - U2410 - Win7 Pro x64.
DancinJack
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:13 am

If your projected image is more important than sound, I'm sure Beats has just the thing for you...
"No I don't want the Ask toolbar! No I don't want Bing as my default search! No I don't want to make Chrome my default browser!"
"Good grief, man! WHAT are you trying to install on that poor computer?"
"Antivirus."
kvndoom
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:28 am

vmoda makes headphones that retail for close to $170 but are normally on sale or at costco for about $80. dont pay more than $100. they always go on sale somewhere. they are closed headphones so no one on the subway can tell you are listening to your old debbie gibson jams and arent too heavy so you can comfortably wear them out. the sound isn't perfect but for the money i have enjoyed them. another bonus is the cord is only about 4 feet long so you dont have to drag a coiled extension cord with you.
i7-930, GA-X58A-UD3R, Agility 2 240GB, 2 TB WD Black *2 mirror, ATI 5850 1 GB, 12GB (3*4GB)
hiro_pro
Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm

@OP: Let's get past the vanity/ego concerns and note that there ARE good reasons not to be wearing a big and/or obviously expensive headphones around in public spaces. First, it signals to other people that you are unapproachable, which may not be the intent, and second, it signals that you have things worth stealing.

So, what is the application? Good sound, sure, and also:

- Passive noise blocking to block out ambient noise?
- Active noise cancelling for trains, airplanes, loud ventilation fans near your study area...?
- In-ear only, in-ear with over-ear hooks, headband?
- Use with laptop, use with phone, use with mp3 player, all of the above, something else...?
He who laughs last, laughs first next time.
ludi
Gerbil Elder

Return to General Hardware