So I currently have a Sapphire Radeon 7850, and though I probably have enough power for my needs, I can't help but consider what is essentially a "free" upgrade.
My current system:
CPU: I5-3570K @4.0GHZ
CPU Cooler: Corsair A50
MB: ASrock Z77 Extreme4
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
SSD: A-Data 120GB
HDD: Western Digital 320GB
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ
PSU: Seasonic M2II Bronze 620W
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7850
(This one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod
Monitor:AOC 1080P @ 60HZ
(http://www.amazon.com/AOC-2436Vw-24-Wid ... roduct_top
However I can't help to take notice: AMD has quite an excellent deal going on for the 79xx series: 3 games:
Far Cry 3: I really want this game, but If I don't get it as part of a deal, I might have to wait until the price drops to buy it.
Hitman Absolution: I don't know much about this game, but a friend recommended it to me. If I decide I don't like it, I can always sell it on Ebay.
Sleeping Dogs: From what I've seen of it, I like it alot, and as always, I can also sell this too!
The Sapphire 7950 is currently at around $300. If I can sell my 7850 for $160, and sell ALL the games, It could be classified as a "free" upgrade. Even If I didn't sell the games, It'd still be a sizeable performance boost.
I could also get a Sapphire 7970 for $360, which is another large FPS boost.
So, in addition to buying some RAM, here are my options:
1. Keep my current video card
2. Sell my 7850 and buy a 7950
3. The above, and sell the games
4. Sell my 7850 and get a 7970
5. The above and sell the games
6. Sell my 7850 and get another graphics card
There is, as always, a caveat. The 8xxx series are rumored to be coming soon, and I don't think I want to miss out on that.
What'd you think would be the best option for me?
Thanks in advance!
1. I might be upgrading my Monitor to a Catleap or a 120HZ display.
2. My purchase date is around Black Friday, but I'm in no rush.
3. Games I play: Crysis 1 and 2, Far Cry 2, Civ V, World of tanks, WOWP, and Minecraft w/ Shaders.