Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Appliance reviews/recommendations

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:24 pm

Anyone have a suggestion on where to go for appliance recommendations? Google takes me to consumer reports which requires a subscription for ratings, or Best Buy/Amazon/etc for customer reviews...

I'm looking to get a Washer/Dryer and Refrigerator in about a month, so it would be nice to do some research before hitting the stores..

Thanks!

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Appliance reviews/recommendations

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:38 pm

I would hit a store and ask tough questions...not aware of any "Inside the Spin Cycle" reviews.

But seriously, if you can find someone there that handles returns or repairs, you'll find out quick which ones to avoid.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

glacius555
Gerbil XP

Re: Appliance reviews/recommendations

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, I recently bought a Sharp fridge for my parents and a quick google search led me to a fridge forum, section Sharp, so I knew beforehand about possible noise or the way cool air is spread inside the fridge.

Seek and you shall find ;) Who knows, maybe each manufacturer has a forum where each fridge/TV/hoover is discussed in detail by (un)lucky owners..
Fractal Design Arc Midi|Antec EA-650|Asus P7P55D Premium|Core i5-750|Gigabyte HD6950 unlocked|X-Fi XtremeMusic|24" Iiyama ProLite B2403WS|Logitech Z-5500|Logitech G11|Logitech G9x