Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Would you pay?

No, I just dont care enough.
12 (80%)
No, I'm too broke.
No votes
Maybe, at 10 for 99 cents, when I needed them to help defeat a badass / boss.
1 (7%)
Maybe, for 20 at 99 cents.
1 (7%)
Maybe, if it included string cheese.
1 (7%)

Total votes: 15

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Would you pay for shift codes.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Would you pay for Borderland 2 shift codes that would only work for you?
I'm trying to beat the "invincible" guys now on the first playthrough and even though I'm several levels "higher" then they supposedly are, I think without better guns it's entirely hopeless. Haven't even been able to come close so far. I'd probably pay 99 cents for 10 shift codes that were just for me now jsut for the heck of it to see what new guns I got.

Obviously, if they did somethign like that, there would be a good percentage of people pissed at their money-grubbing ways but not I if they were not too crazy with pricing. Even 99 cents is probably a bit steep considering they are random and sometimes you get crap you dont want.

Also, they'd need to tie it to the user shift accounts to prevent sharing.
I'd let their money grubbing hands in my pockets occasionally.
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Re: Would you pay for shift codes.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 am

I am confused as to what these are for? Do they just give you a key to open the loot chest in town?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:09 pm

tanker27 wrote:
I am confused as to what these are for? Do they just give you a key to open the loot chest in town?

Yeah, and the loot is random and isnt always even for your character. However, the loot is typically always purple loot at your level - so better usually.

I didnt use the keys you get at all till half way through the game. Wished I hadnt used any because right now I could actually use them. :) I'm outgunned, dang it. I want to beat the "invincible" guys on the first playthrough. So, now I'm stuck till they release another DLC or give me more free shift codes for a chance at a couple nicer guns.
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Paying for weapons using "real money" in a single-player part of the game is retarded... Find a working exploit or a cheat program for it and use that to advance further if you're "stuck".
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Ok its for the loot chest in town, heh. As JohnC pointed out. If you are solely playing single player there are ways to get unlimited keys.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

wintermane666
Gerbil

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:03 pm

I aready have 35 keys saved up;/ They give em out fairly often.

As for the invincibles just google em and exploit thier weaknesses. All of them have a spot they cant hurt you or a tactic they cant defend against.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:20 pm

The codes are pointless, they break the game and ruin the enjoyment by trivialising the whole loot system.

If you want unlimited access to the epix chest, just google it - it's no more of a cheat than the shift codes, which are thinly-veiled advert/marketing cons.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.