Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Thresher

Korpz
Gerbil
Topic Author

Help, cant boot, red led

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:24 pm

So here's the issue, I have a sabertooth 990fx MOBO that was running perfectly for a cpl months now, I wanted more ram so i upgraded to a 64bit OS, got the OS all installed and it ran great, then i put the new memory in and disaster, computer wont post or anything, gives 1 long 2 short beeps(which ASUS says is a memory issue) and shows a nice red led. I've tried 1 stick the other stick, every slot, the old memory in every way as well. I can't get anywhere with it.

The new memory is two 4gig G.SKill RIPJAW 1600 sticks.

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: Help, cant boot, red led

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Reset CMOS? Σ(゜ロ゜;)

Korpz
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:34 pm

auxy wrote:
Reset CMOS? Σ(゜ロ゜;)

in process actually, just got it back in, here we go!

fail - didn't change anything :(

new info: when I attempt to boot it up, the red led for cpu flashes once, the memory led flashes constantly until i forcibly shut it off with the power switch on the back which then causes the cpu to flash once again as it turns off.

just brew it!
Administrator

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:14 am

When you tried after resetting the CMOS, was this with the new RAM or the old RAM?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Arclight
Gerbil Elite

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:20 am

Reset Cmos, put in only 1 stick of RAM from the old ones that are known to work, in the first memory slot nearest to the CPU socket aaaaand boot. Then use MemOK, look it up in the manual.
nVidia video drivers FAIL, click for more info
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.