Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

lazy_boy
Gerbil
Topic Author

Overclocking GTX 680

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi

I'm trying to OC my Gigabyte GTX 680 however when I downloaded RivaTuner I clicked pretty much everywhere in order to find the tab that's got the OC'ing sliders.

I've got the latest version which is rivatuner v2.24c also based on a quick google search i think MSI took "rivatuner" and renamed it "MSI afterburner" if so can I use MSI afterburner on my Gigabyte graphics card? Thanks :D

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Overclocking GTX 680

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Gigabyte has their own utility for that, "OC Guru" or something like this... Why not use that?
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 pm

OC Guru is kinda rubbish, but it works.

You could use MSI Afterburner, or EVGA Precision -- but I actually use Nvidia Inspector for all my tweaking needs. O(≧▽≦)O

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Eh, they all do the same thing, just a matter how "fancy" their GUI will be :wink: EVGA's Precision is the snazziest of them all, with all the curvy displays, various skins and Android app (so you can overclock your card from your phone).
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:16 am

I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but Nvidia Inspector is actually a much more useful tool beyond tweaking clock rates and voltages! Deep familiarity with this program is almost a requirement for any user of SLI. You should check it out!

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 am

I know it can do various adjustments to video card's settings (more than you can do in Nvidia's driver control panel), but I don't think the end result of overclocking with it and, for example, EVGA's Precision would be too different, at least for a single GPU card :wink: As for SLI - I don't have it and try to stay far, far away from all the potential issues with badly optimized "game profiles" for multi-gpu setups :wink: