Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

Arclight
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

GTX Titan reviews and discussions

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:47 am

Last edited by Arclight on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
nVidia video drivers FAIL, click for more info
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

flip-mode
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Re: GTX Titan reviws and discussions

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Arclight wrote:
First review i found of the GTX Titan
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/ge ... iew,1.html

$1,000

$3,000

I have a pretty hard limit of $250 in regards to computer components that evoke excitement, enthusiasm, or interest.

Arclight
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm

flip-mode wrote:
Arclight wrote:
First review i found of the GTX Titan
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/ge ... iew,1.html

$1,000

$3,000

I have a pretty hard limit of $250 in regards to computer components that evoke excitement, enthusiasm, or interest.

I agree, the price is ridiculous. I'm just looking at the reviews just to see how well it does performance wise. The results, for me, are purely academic.
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

flip-mode
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm

I'll say this much: the combination of acoustics, power consumption, and performance is (as I said on the front page) extremely impressive. This thing has idle power consumption similar to a low end card that isn't even gaming capable.

Arclight
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:02 pm

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:10 am

The EVGA's version is already listed in their own online shop, not in stock but with "auto-notify" button...
Newegg has Asus' version available for pre-order.
Hopefully I might be able to get one from EVGA soon...
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:46 am

JohnC wrote:
Ohh? ( =①ω①=)
Want to buy me one? (=①ω①=;)

wintermane666
Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:56 am

Um any time your talking 10k units yourtalking the same zone as 250k cars and 5 mil homes. And to such people the monitor alone will set em back 5-10k so 1k for the card is nothing.

Arclight
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:59 am

JohnC wrote:
The EVGA's version is already listed in their own online shop, not in stock but with "auto-notify" button...

When you do get it be sure to let us know how it handles. I'd be interested in some Planetside 2 results on Ultra settings, just to get a feel of what next gen cards have in store for us, performance wise.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:59 am

auxy wrote:
JohnC wrote:
Ohh? ( =①ω①=)
Want to buy me one? (=①ω①=;)

Why, you need one? :wink:
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:04 am

Arclight wrote:
JohnC wrote:

When you do get it be sure to let us know how it handles. I'd be interested in some Planetside 2 results on Ultra settings, just to get a feel of what next gen cards have in store for us, performance wise.

LOL, PS2... Throwing more hardware at it is pointless until SOE will start treating it more seriously... Anyway, I uninstalled it few weeks ago, not gonna bother with it again.

shivm
Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:59 am

JohnC wrote:

Please tell us what will you do with that high-end card. # My guess is some sort of scientific computing, although I know nothing about it.
"You are like me, if you feel like you have seen something like this earlier."
Blog: http://braindumptech.blogspot.com

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 am

No scientific computing, I'll just buy a dozen of them and then try to do something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko&sns=em

Arclight
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:27 am

JohnC wrote:
Arclight wrote:
JohnC wrote:

LOL, PS2... Throwing more hardware at it is pointless until SOE will start treating it more seriously... Anyway, I uninstalled it few weeks ago, not gonna bother with it again.

But I thought

shivm
Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:04 am

JohnC wrote:
No scientific computing, I'll just buy a dozen of them and then try to do something like this:

You know Sir, I still browse the Internet with 2G. Due to poor buffering, I can't watch that video. # I guess the video is either about password cracking or triple-monitor setup.

I love AnandTech especially, because they offer 'print this article' view. Anand Sir surely know that 75% of the intended audience can-not view video on youtube. Atleast, they do not substitute information for video.
Your honest spammer is eager for reply!

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:16 am

JohnC wrote:
Why, you need one? :wink:
Um...

Yes? (=①ω①=;)

The old N460GTX is getting kinda long in the tooth...

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:39 pm

What for? I'd say Dark Souls is not a very graphically-intensive game :wink: Although it would be a good upgrade going from a GTX460 to Titan... Tell you what: you create a "wish list" on Amazon with this card (don't forget to specify a shipping address for it so others can chose it when making a purchase from your list!) and I'll think about it :wink:

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:09 pm

JohnC wrote:
What for? I'd say Dark Souls is not a very graphically-intensive game :wink: Although it would be a good upgrade going from a GTX460 to Titan... Tell you what: you create a "wish list" on Amazon with this card (don't forget to specify a shipping address for it so others can chose it when making a purchase from your list!) and I'll think about it :wink:

Check your PM box! ヾ( ̄ー ̄)X(^∇^)ゞ

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Don't see anything there :-?
Edit: Yea, I just got it :wink:

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Photos removed.
Last edited by JohnC on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:07 pm

That doesn't look like my address!「(°ヘ°)
Last edited by auxy on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomacy42
Gerbil

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:21 pm

shivm wrote:
JohnC wrote:

You know Sir, I still browse the Internet with 2G. Due to poor buffering, I can't watch that video. # I guess the video is either about password cracking or triple-monitor setup.

False.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 pm

auxy wrote:
That doesn't look like my address!「(°ヘ°)

:D No, it most certainly doesn't. All in due time, I wouldn't want to make my bank be more paranoid again (this is not the only item of similar price range that I've recently purchased) :wink:

Edit: Hmm... I seem to have accumulated $8.21 in Amazon Reward Visa Points! That may be just enough to nudge me towards certain action! :lol:

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:57 am

B.t.w, for anyone else who are also bored with looking at their same video card and wanna try something with fancier enclosure (or for anyone who want to show other people on internets that they are cheap low-life scum who will never be able to afford better things in their miserable lives :D ), here's a useful link:
http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/vid ... dia/titan/
:wink: :lol:

shivm
Gerbil

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 am

Diplomacy42 wrote:
False.

Then what do you think is true?

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:26 am

shivm wrote:
Then what do you think is true?
I'm a little curious about this myself. 「(°ヘ°) What was he even calling "false"?
By the way, shivm, it's a "Will it Blend?" video featuring the iPad. If you aren't familiar with the series, Blendtec takes expensive things and stuffs them into a blender. The answer is always "yes."

JohnC wrote:
(Amazon wishlist invoice)
(つд⊂)

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:08 am

JohnC wrote:
Oh my... What is this I have in my e-mail???
Who spends $1K on an over-the-top toy and then chooses the super-slow shipping option? :lol:

Titan looks impressive, but what I keep thinking when I look at the performance results in the latest Titan reviews is how well a $300 Radeon HD7950 (or a pair of them) stands up to this kilo-buck behemoth. I guess I'm too cheap to be a Titan. :lol:
· R7-5800X, Liquid Freezer II 280, RoG Strix X570-E, 64GiB PC4-28800, Suprim Liquid RTX4090, 2TB SX8200Pro +4TB S860 +NAS, Define 7 Compact, Super Flower SF-1000F14TP, S3220DGF +32UD99, FC900R OE, DeathAdder2

shivm
Gerbil

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 pm

auxy wrote:
By the way, shivm, it's a "Will it Blend?" video featuring the iPad. If you aren't familiar with the series, Blendtec takes expensive things and stuffs them into a blender. The answer is always "yes."

Sorry for not posting this earlier.:-|
Infact, I crawled the link for textual matters minutes after posting, and I already knew that blend stuff.B-)
Leave it all for now.
johnC says that he would buy a dozen of them (12x$999 Titan), and then blend them! What a funny joke to fend off honest spammers!;-)
{to johnC: If you are really that rich, why can't you send me just 1 Titan GPU worth of money and then blend 11 of them (still enough for more experiments). That amount of money really matters to me. (I am joking as wellll as really serious) consider it.}

Deanjo
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:09 pm

auxy wrote:
. If you aren't familiar with the series, Blendtec takes expensive things and stuffs them into a blender. The answer is always "yes."

LIES!!! They keep shying away from my Snap-On wrench challenge.

Deanjo
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm

JohnC wrote:

I'll race ya, bet mine gets here before yours. ;D