Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

BuddhistFish
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Gigabyte Warranty Service

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:31 am

My GTX-590 recently bit the dust. It's still well within Gigabyte's 3 year warranty, so I contacted Gigabyte and have RMA'ed the card to their Customer Service Center in CA. Anyone here have any experience dealing with Gigabyte regarding video card warranties? I've done some searching and have really only turned up motherboard warranty testimonials. Either Gigabyte cards don't break all that often or the people who've had to deal with Gigabyte haven't had anything terribly bad, or good, to say about the experience. I figured I'd poll TR and see if anyone has had any experience with their video card warranty department.
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Ttocs
Gerbil Elite

Re: Gigabyte Warranty Service

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:09 am

I had one of their super-overclocked 5870s go bad a couple years ago. It wasn't anything amazing (good or bad), they just sent me a new card in a couple weeks.

Bensam123
Gerbil Elite

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:59 am

My card (6950) was in RMA with Gigabyte for over two months. The first card they sent back to me was broken and they wanted me to wait to restock the older card. I gave them crap for that and then they wanted to send me a 7850 which was worse then the 6950 I had (which was unlocked to a 6970) and eventually I talked them to a 7870 after sending them to review websites pointing out the difference in performance between what they wanted to send me and what I had. I couldn't make them budge even by offering to pay the difference to send me a 7950.

I have no plans to buy a Gigabyte video card in the future.

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:35 am

FWIW I stick to XFX where possible these days I have had pretty good luck with them in the past.