Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Asetek760GC CPU+GPU closedloop Great Cooler$69new

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:34 pm

This is the same combo CPU + GPU closed loop water cooler with dual coldblock/pumps along with a double thick 120mm radiator like the H80 used on the PNY GTX 580 Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU graphics card. The GPU coldplat/pump has a 58mm retention dimension so it will fit Nvidia 500 series cards best for GTX570-580's. I am not sure if NV 600 series cards use the same 58mm cooler retention layout. But this is particularly good for making a quiet Overclocked GTX580/570 etc along with a nice CPU overclock if paired with a couple nice powerful but quiet 120mm fans. I have to say it would be best for Graphics cards that have a blower type setup since you can use it along with the water loop to keep the VRM's cool...just run the blower at a low speed to keep the system quiet. But it can be used on a non Blower type card if you position a fan or fans somewhere to keep your VRMs cool.
Here is the review of the PNY GTX 580 Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU graphics card.
http://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-det ... nd-cpu/17/
Note in the review the GPU maxed at 47c and was able to overclock very close to 1ghz. Also the overclocked CPU was a I7-870 @ 4.2ghz and was cooled better then a Notua NH-D14. So it performs very well indeed!
At $69 even if you do not use the GPU coldplate/block it it a fantastic price for a good cooler with a extra pump for double redundancy. Plus it would be a fun project if you had a GTX 580 you want to stretch the legs on it along with making a very quiet system.

The Asetek760GC CPU+GPU closedloop water cooler is new in the box from Ebay for 69$ with more then 10 in stock and more then 100 sold along with a 99.6% Positive feedback. 12.50 for shipping...they will ship worldwide so Canada is in luck along with everywhere else until shipping becomes astronomical. Also these are coming strait from Asetek so support should be good and available, they must have made more then they needed since they are selling them on ebay for super cheap. This was a quote from Asetek...At Asetek we occasionally have components and items that we offer to the public. They also have Asetek Liquid Cooler Intel LGA2011 Narrow Retention Ring Kit along with LGA775 Ring Kits for $10 if needed. It comes with LGA155,1156&1366 mounting along with LGA2011..what the narrow retention ring kit is for I am not sure.

Well for a NEW double thick 120mm radiator equipped closed loop CPU water cooler that can also cool a GPU for $69 I thought it was worthy of a nice post so people can take advantage of the great price and the possibility of quieting someones blower style 580/570 and possibly hit 1ghz with it and stretch the 580's legs and get that extra15-20% + performance if needed. Actually it will work with any NV card that has the 58mm hole spacing on the GPU.
Cheers V
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system

Badelhas
Gerbil In Training

Re: Asetek760GC CPU+GPU closedloop Great Cooler$69new

Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 am

Hello there!

Thanks for your post. Did you actually get this cooler?
I´ve been wanting to WC my 2500K + 2x Gtx570 in SLI and this solution sound good for someone like me, that dosent want to spend much time and money to reduce the overall noise of the PC. What I would like was to use this to WC both GPU´s but I read in some reviews that it´s not possible because of the length of one of the tubes, is this correct? If so, I could use it to WC my CPU and the top GPU (the one that gets hotter and louder because of the lack of space between the 2 cards). Do you think it would work with the stock fans or should I buy 2 Noctua NF-F12 fan´s for a quiet and proper operation? It´s not that my CPU cooler is loud (Scynth Mine Rev. B) but maybe it can get better, when I game the fans get a little anoying... :)

Cheers

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Re: Asetek760GC CPU+GPU closedloop Great Cooler$69new

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:21 am

Sorry i do not own that kit . I own a h55 asetek equivalent.

In my opinion i do not see why you could not use it to cool just you video cards....ya might have to do come fancy zip tie nest to hold it onto your one gpu correctly. Or you could call asetek and see how much another GPU mounting kit will cost...i am guessing 10 bucks.

Let me know how you make out.
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system