Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

What game should I play next? (Working on my Backlog)

Alice: Madness Returns
No votes
Assassin's Creed Revelations
No votes
Crysis 2
No votes
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
18 (95%)
Hitman Absolution
No votes
Mark of the Ninja
1 (5%)
Max Payne 3
No votes

Total votes: 19

yogibbear
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

What game should I play next - VOTE!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:31 am

Hi guys, I need TR's help to tell me which game deserves my time the most to work on my backlog of games (I'm a terrible person at making decisions like these...)

Working on my backlog which currently is CRAZY long (like 50+ games), but these are probably the highlights:

Alice: Madness Returns
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Crysis 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Hitman: Absolution
Mark of the Ninja
Max Payne 3

Ok go for it!!!!!

Side note: I've already got about 2 hrs into MP3, Alice and around 8 hrs in each of Hitman and Deus Ex. But haven't played any of these in at least a couple of months.
Core i7 4770K | eVGA GTX1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | 16GB DDR3 2133mhz | Asus Z87-PLUS | Corsair HX650 | Fractal Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Windows 10 x64

destroy.all.monsters
Gerbil

Re: What game should I play next - VOTE!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:46 am

DXHR is a really good game and it doesn't hurt that Squeenix is probably the best AAA gaming publisher now. Max Payne 3 would be my second choice.
I have nothing against humanity that thousands of years of nuclear winter won't take care of.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:02 am

DXHR. It was good.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:12 am

Another vote for Deus Ex. The soundtrack alone is worth playing the game.

Michael McCann - "Icarus - Main Theme"
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

NovusBogus
Graphmaster Gerbil

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Deus Ex is the only game on this list that you'll remember three months later, it wins hands down.

Voldenuit
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Vote here for Mark of the Ninja.

Didn't really get into DXHR. Found the nonlethal path I was on a little tedious and went on a vending machine rampage (upgrading legs to let you carry and hide behind vending machines while moving) that got old pretty fast. Enjoyed Batman:Arkham Asylum and Dishonored a lot more because I didn't have to quickload everytime I was discovered (could zipline or blink my way out of trouble if need be).
Wind, Sand and Stars.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Definitely Deus Ex HR! Not as good as original but still awesome and way better than the second one was.
Just remember 3 things:
1) If you have problem with any in-game bosses - best way to deal with them is a couple of "Typhoon Explosive System" applications at close range :wink:
2) You CAN save Malik! Don't leave her even if she asks you to!
3) Not all hardware upgrades/patches are actually good :wink: Even if World Health Organization tells you to :P

And of course, this ending is the best one:
"Sarif was right about one thing. It's in our Nature to want to rise above our limits. Think about it. We were cold, so we harnessed fire. We were weak, so we invented tools. We were reaching the limit of using an outdated "Frame Per Second" quantity of measuring video card's performance, so we found a new method for doing that. Every time we met an obstacle, we used creativity and ingenuity to overcome it. The cycle is inevitable... but will the outcome always be good? I guess that will depend on how we approach it. These past few months, I was challenged many times, but more often then not, didn't I try to keep morality in mind, knowing that my actions didn't have to harm others? Time and time again, didn't I resist the urge to abuse power and resources, simply to achieve my goals more swiftly? In the past, we've had to compensate for weakness, finding quick solutions that only benefit a few. But what if we never need to feel weak or morally conflicted again? What if the path Sarif wants us to take enables us to hold on to higher values with more stability? One thing is obvious. For the first time in history, we have a chance to steal fire from the gods. To turn away from it now - to stop pursuing a future in which technology and biology combine, leading to the promise of a Singularity - would mean to deny the very essence of who we are. No doubt the road to get there will be bumpy, hurting some people on the way. But won't achieving the dream be worth it? We can become the gods we've always been striving to be. We might as well get good at it."
:wink:
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people