spagzone wrote:Anyone have problems with controls on side of TV after replacing power board.
Replaced mine twice, after 2nd time the tv controls no longer functioned, along with the remote.
Sound is slightly low, and cant volume up or down. As is power on off button.
Any help would be appreciated.
PS...The 2 times I replaced board, I only swapped 2 capacitors to the next higher voltage.
I'm thinking of swiping all 5 to see if that solves control problems.
Another newb with a TV problem! I have read a lot of this thread but haven't come across a solution to my problem.
I have a Samsung TV that will power up and display a picture but after a short while the TV switches off again. The power supply inside the TV makes a buzzing, crackling noise which get louder until the TV turns off. I opened the back of the TV and confirm the buzzing is definitely coming from the power supply. If I leave the TV on the black "No Signal" screen it will stay on for about a minute. If I put a white static image on, the TV almost instantly switches off. I bought a replacement power supply from eBay but it didn't fix the problem. It could be that the replacement power supply is also faulty as it makes the same sort of buzzing noise.
So what do you guys think? Is there something else I should be looking at? Or do you think the replacement power supply is a dud too?
I would really appreciate any advice given.
There are quite e few capacitors on the PS board of LA46F81BD, can someone please advise which capacitors need to be replaced?
Dimwit wrote:This time I changed the Whole PSU, again TV worked for a day, and the on/off cycle started again.
Any furthest suggestions would be great!
turboroe wrote:Samsung LCD TV Clicking or Not turning on walkthrough:
1. Short out the eeprom pins 5 & 6 ( the two pins that connect to resistors ).
The easiest way is to carefully solder a thin wire (about 6" length) to each of the 2
little round pre-soldered pads that lie in front of pins 5 and 6 and use the wires
as a contact breaker to easily shorten the pins.
2. Turn on the power - Instead of the usual noticeable relay click, you get a faint click,
the backlight stays off, nothing else happens.
3. Wait around 1-2 secs ( anything longer than this NEVER seemed to work ).
4. Remove the short.
Note: by now the TV is already in normal standby operation, but EEPROM values are still bugged.
5. Press the service mode key combination on the remote control.
Note: check service manual for the correct combination or try the following:
* info, menu, mute, power on) - In that order individually, one at a time.
* mute, 1, 8, 2, power on) - In that order individually, one at a time.
6. TV should come on with noise picture and then the service menu (press Source if it is difficult to read)
7. Immediately go to option Adjust and turn OFF the watchdogs
(especially in case your TV keeps turning off by itself at this point)
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests