Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Vinceant
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

A comfortable mouse for gaming.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:04 pm

I dunno if my hands are just giant or what, but I'm pretty tired of most mice. They all seem too small. So, as my G9x is slowly dying I thought I would start shopping around for mice, and honestly the market hasn't improved at all since the last time I bought a mouse (when I bought my G9 which was warranty replaced with a g9x).

I really just want a decently good laser with great comfort at a reasonable price. I don't need 1000 buttons, just the standard 5 or 6 or so. I don't need super crazy DPI switching (never used it more than twice in a game on my G9x). I can get decent laser and reasonable price, but not with comfort. Honestly, I can't really find a mouse that feels comfortable for anything reasonable. They all look like they'd be awkward to hold.

Honestly, my favorite mouse as far as comfort is the Handshoe mouse. There's one at my shop that some kid sold us, it's amazingly comfortable. Maybe I should just mod that to have a better laser and more buttons. :o
Vae victus.

Firestarter
Gerbil Elite

Re: A comfortable mouse for gaming.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:26 pm

The razer deathadder is pretty big and has the best sensor in the business. I've heard complaints about the build quality but mine hasn't had problems so far. I have pretty big hands as well and the deathadder is comfortable to me, FWIW

credible
Gerbil XP

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:29 pm

You can't go wrong with this one, seems Logitech has a couple kind of just like this one, I have been using for a few years now, if I hear they are being discontinued I will buy a few,lol.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104373CVF

This seems to be exactly what you are looking for, the only issue may be the size, but it is fairly large, that is half the reason I use it.

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:51 pm

My vote goes to a Logitech G500. It's cheaper that the mouse listed above, and has just the perfect shape and size to just feel right, Just like the MX518 I had before it.
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

Vinceant
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Actually, I just figured out how to disassemble the G9x... I'm going to try and repair it first. Second I'll probably try to put it's guts into the Handshoe mouse (actually I may try that anyway). Third is a new mouse.
Vae victus.

blitzy
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:04 pm

If comfort is your goal then a vertical mouse is well worth a look, performance wise it won't be quite up there with your razers or other high end mouse, and I think palm down is a little more efficient for gaming. But these puppies are extremely comfortable and will really help if you get wrist pains from using a mouse.

I have one of these and it takes about a week to adjust to the different hand position but for the comfort it's really worth it. I don't find it slows me down in gaming, but im sure i would be slightly better using a standard mouse.. not enough for it to matter though. I have been impressed by the laser and have had no issues with tracking or smoothness

http://www.evoluent.com/vm4s.htm

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Corsair Vengeance! Corsair Vengeance! Corsair Vengeance! ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ

I keep evangelizing every chance I get, but nobody seems to listen. (* ̄m ̄)

M65 is the most comfortable mouse for FPS gaming with the best sensor and the best software!ヽ(#`Д´)ノ

M95 is the most configurable mouse for MMO gaming, while still being durable and comfortable! ヽ(`Д´#)ノ

Buy it now! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

ordskiweicz
Gerbil Team Leader

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:35 pm

I have medium size hands and like the Corsair Venegance M65.

Mostly do FPS. I looked a long time at many and this one fits well. I did remove the weights.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:34 am

A comfortable mouse is subjective. First you have to understand how you hold the mouse. Are you a Claw, palm, or flat finger gripper?

Myself, I am a Claw gripper and I currently use the Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700. Even though it seems to be suited best for a palm gripper I like it. Oh and I rarely use it wirelessly, it comes with a nice long cable.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 am

All I can say is to avoid the RAT Cyborg series like the plague. < 6 months in and the thumb triggers are broken/finicky. The mouse itself isn't comfortable, the build quality is poor in my opinion.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am

steelcity_ballin wrote:
All I can say is to avoid the RAT Cyborg series like the plague. < 6 months in and the thumb triggers are broken/finicky. The mouse itself isn't comfortable, the build quality is poor in my opinion.

OH finally someone with a review. I have been eyeballing these. thanks for the info.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 am

Feenix? I don't have any personal experience with them, but I specifically heard of them in reference to having big hands. Not sure on reviews or even prices, but if mice seem to small for you, might be worth it to check them out.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:45 pm

superjawes wrote:
Feenix? I don't have any personal experience with them, but I specifically heard of them in reference to having big hands. Not sure on reviews or even prices, but if mice seem to small for you, might be worth it to check them out.

You mean Feenix Nascita model? It's a very overpriced (but with same quality) "clone" of Sharkoon DarkGlider :wink: Personally I would not bother with this model (just like with overpriced and low quality Razer products) :P
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

mikehodges2
Gerbil Elite

Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm

I've got pretty big hands too. +1 for Death Adder. Very good mouse, and not mega expensive. Also comes in a 'black edition' with absolutely no lights. Win win!

BluePanda
Gerbil

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:54 am

Honestly the deathadder? Really? That used to be my mouse of choice for quite awhile...but I have UBER small hands -- I'm surprised to hears so many giant hands with the love on this one...

OP -- if you want to try it out, shoot me a PM, I still have mine around. I've moved on to the Corsair M60 a personal favorite. :P I've got a bunch of other mice I've reviewed around here too, but not having GIANT hands, it's hard to say what you'd like...