Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Khali
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Morrowind Mods

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 am

I installed Morrowind along with Tribunal and Bloodmoon the other day so I could give the game another run through. I was rather disappointed to discover I could not find about half of the mods I used to use. A few I did find did not work correctly and caused the game to crash. Going to have to load each mod one at a time to see if I can find the one causing the issues.

I tend to play characters that focus on the thief side of things, light armor, short swords, bows, and security are just a few skills I focus on. I also almost always end up with House Hlaalu because I like their Stronghold the best. Magic only comes into play for healing, teleportation, water walking, diving under water, levitation, etc. I don't use magic to fight at all, just the useful spells that help travel and getting to hard to get to places.

While I am thinking about Morrowind mods any one have some recommendations on mods to pick up?

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: Morrowind Mods

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:32 pm

My favorite mod was the Lilicor sword mod for morrowind. it was a 2H sword you picked up in the starter area. Just like the sword in baldur's gate 2 that it was designed after, it chats constantly. The cool part of it was that the sword leveled up as you killed things with it and changed models. It had 8 or 9 diff versions until you hit max level with it and had a badass sword. I had few other cool ones like a teleport ring and some cool armor mods, but yeah it seems mods are near impossible to find online now...glad I saved mine.

SonicSilicon
Gerbil First Class

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm guessing you probably already went through ModDB, but in case not or if anyone else wants to look :
http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&kw=& ... e=36&type=

I've had this problem a lot with nearly any game with user generated content. A lot of maps for Unreal Tournament have effectively disappeared off the Internet.

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Morrowind Overhaul 3.0:

http://www.ornitocopter.net/
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

Khali
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:44 pm

One of my favorite mods was Balmora Expanded. After a lot of searching I found it but now it seems to have issues with several files missing. I can start the game but a lot of the added in content is not there, you see yellow exclamation marks all around Balmora. The game crashes shortly after start up.

I have found it at two places and have tried both and end up with the same issue. Looks like I am going to have to remove this mod just to get the game to work at all.