Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

cheesyking
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Brighton and Hove Beer Festival

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:50 pm

I spent last weekend getting pretty smashed at the aforementioned... I'd love to tell all in detail exactly which beers I drank and what fruity / chocolate / hoppy notes they had but, well you know. So for those actually interested in beer you'll have to make do with looking that the tasting notes:
http://sussexbeerfestival.co.uk/tastingnotes_allbeer_2013.pdf

I only managed to take two photos. This first one shows the wine "section". While there were some 200+ beers available wine drinkers were also catered for:
Yes the wine section comprises those four small boxes at the end of the rack of beer. Well what do you expect if you want to drink wine at a beer festival :lol:

This second one perhaps confirms some people's dislike of stouts and porters:
No that's not one of ingredients making a bid for freedom (though there was at least one oyster stout available). It was a joke that didn't go down well, apparently it ruined a very nice beer. For the curious the reason someone took pickled squid (that's what that thing is BTW) to a beer festival is that two of my friends had just come back from trips abroad, one to Japan the other to Thailand. They'd had a competition to bring back the funkiest food. The squid came from Japan and lost the competition on the grounds that it was actually very nice. The Thai entry was some kind of dried fish that not only looked horrible but smelt and tasted far worse.

One final little point for beer nerds. Note the glass has a 1 pint beer line near the top so you get a full 568ml UK pint of beer even if it's got a head on it :D
Last edited by cheesyking on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando!
Your mother ate my dog!

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: Brighton and Hove Beer Festival

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Sounds like a great time. I don't get to beer festivals nearly as much as I'd like, seems like I've always got a conflict.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

cheesyking
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 pm

ah, and here was me thinking every night was beer festival night in JBI's house :lol:
Fernando!

Your mother ate my dog!

Sam125
Gerbil

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Not gonna lie, that seems pretty awesome. The wine selection is also pretty lulzy. :P

If it weren't for all those pesky calories, I'd totally do beer festivals more often. I'm one of those unfortunate guys who will develop a beer gut if enjoyed too often. :-? I guess I'll just have to make do with diet root beer and soda. Not a bad consolation prize if you ask me though. :P