Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

mdrejhon
Gerbil
Topic Author

Eliminate LCD motion blur via LightBoost; Clearer than 144Hz

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:54 pm

(NOTE: Ryu Connor gave me permission to post a LightBoost thread)

CRT Fast Motion on LCD / Perfectly-Sharp Pans

Guys, if you use a new 120Hz monitor (or are considering one) to play video games a lot (and your eyes were used to a CRT before, and didn't mind it), there's now a way to shatter the LCD pixel persistence barrier! CRT quality motion in an LCD!
Just google "lightboost"; the LightBoost zero motion blur feature is recently becoming popular only in the last few weeks!

---

IMPORTANT: You need a supported 120 Hz Monitor

LightBoost HOWTO - If you own a newer-model ASUS or BENQ 120 Hz Monitor
Samsung HOWTO - If you own a newer-model Samsung 120 Hz Monitor
Media Coverage - Coverage by magazines, bloggers, pro gamers (Team Exile 5 loves LightBoost!)

Motion blur elimination is made possible via a stroboscopic backlight, originally made to help 3D, but apparently benefits 2D. See High speed video of LightBoost. The backlight is turned off while waiting for pixel transitions (unseen by human eyes), and the backlight is strobed only on fully-refreshed LCD frames (seen by human eyes). The strobes can be shorter than pixel transitions, breaking the pixel persistence barrier! These nVidia LightBoost backlights are normally used to brighten 3D Vision images, but they were discovered to have a side effect of eliminating motion blur even for 2D! As a result, many video gamers have started forcing LightBoost in 2D mode (even without the 3D glasses) to get the zero motion blur benefit.

PixPerAn Tests on BENQ XL2411T and ASUS VG278H

baseline - 60 Hz mode (16.7ms frame samples)
50% less motion blur (2x clearer) - 120 Hz mode (8.33ms frame samples)
60% less motion blur (2.4x clearer) - 144 Hz mode (6.94ms frame samples)
85% less motion blur (7x clearer) - 120 Hz LightBoost, set to 100% (2.4ms frame strobe flashes)
92% less motion blur (12x clearer) - 120 Hz LightBoost, set to 10% (1.4ms frame strobe flashes)

NOTE: You can also turn on/off the CRT-style LightBoost strobe backlight mode, whenever you don't want it. Also changing the LightBoost OSD setting changes the brightness of LightBoost; dimmer settings apparently actually has less motion blur due to shorter strobe lengths. Ideally, manufacturers should make it better advertised for motion blur, and easier to turn on/off in the future.

---

Articles

Several articles just appeared over the last few weeks -- and a number of reviewers are now including testing of LightBoost in their next monitor reviews.

TFT Central
Link: Motion Blur Reduction Backlights

NewEgg and ASUS
Link: YouTube Interview: ASUS and NewEgg reps discussing LightBoost and motion blur

TechNGaming Review Article
Link: Eliminate Motion Blur While Gaming With nVidia LightBoost!

3D Vision Blog
Link: Taking Advantage of the Lightboost Technology for 2D 120Hz Gaming
Link: Calibrating Picture of Lightboost For Better Color

PC Games Hardware (German gaming magazine)
Link: Nvidia Lightboost Strobe Hack

PCMonitors.info (mentions the LightBoost effect)
Link: Asus VG248QE Monitor Review

Team Exile 5 (Professional sponsored competition gamers!)
Link: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti and nVidia LightBoost Technology

More need to begin coverage of these amazing modern strobe backlights, beginning with their next testing article! Some professional gamers (e.g. Team Exile 5) are endorsing it now. The lack of motion blur provides a reaction time advantage, because you can see everything clearly during fast motion, allowing you to react to enemies faster in online fast-action FPS games. Team Fortress 2, Battlefield 3, Counter Strike, Quake Live, etc.

---

Gaming Styles That Benefit

Example of fast game play styles that benefit from zero motion blur:
-- Fast 180-degree flick turns in FPS shooting, great for Quake Live
-- Shooting while turning, without stopping turning (easier on CRT or LightBoost)
-- Close-up strafing, especially circle strafing, you aim better.
-- Running while looking at the ground (e.g. hunting for tiny objects quickly).
-- Identifying multiple far-away enemies or small targets, while turning fast
-- Playing fast characters such as "Scout" in Team Fortress 2
-- High-speed low passes, such as low helicoptor flybys in Battlefield 3, you aim better.

For a long time, some gamers have noticed that CRT 60fps@60Hz still has less motion blur than LCD 120fps@120Hz. Not anymore: The CRT-quality perfect motion now available on LightBoost LCD displays, is a huge benefit for those gamers who have played on a CRT for a long time, and have never found a "good enough LCD" without motion blur.

---

Forum Buzz

There are many testimonials on many forums at the moment, so there's been many, many reports from enthusiac video gamers. It does not benefit other usage much (e.g. programming, web design, PhotoShop), but if you're a big time gamer who have used CRT's, then LightBoost is finally making some CRT die-hard's happy:
original post (Transsive)
Then yesterday I, for some reason, disabled the 3d and noticed there was no ghosting to be spotted at all in titan quest. It's like playing on my old CRT.
original post (Inu)
I can confirm this works on BENQ XL2420TX
EDIT: And OMG i can play scout so much better now in TF2, this is borderline cheating.
original post (TerrorHead)
Thanks for this, it really works! Just tried it on my VG278H. Its like a CRT now!
original post (Vega)
Oh my, I just got Skyrim AFK camera spinning (which I used to test LCD's versus the [Sony CRT] FW900) to run without stutters and VSYNC locked to 120. This Benq with Lightboost is just as crystal clear if not clearer than the FW900 motion. I am in awe. More testing tomorrow. Any of my doubts about this Lightboost technology have been vaporized! I've been playing around with this fluid motion on this monitor for like 6-hours straight, that is how impressive it is.
OCN post (Baxter299)
way to go vega enjoyed your review and pics ..thanks for taking the time .got my VG248QE last friday .replacing my fw900 witch is finally taking a rest in my closet .
OCN post (Romir)
Thanks for the timely review Vega.
I went ahead and opened mine and WOW, it really does feel like my FW900. I haven't tried a game yet but it's down right eerie seeing 2d text move without going blurry.

QuakeLive forum post (Cat)
With my Asus VG278HE at 120Hz and Lightboost (the Lightboost registry hack doesn't currently support 144Hz) playing at 1080p I am pretty much brutalizing my competition. Even with its 2-5ms input lag, which is worse than the 1ms of my old 120Hz monitor the difference with Lightboost is so huge the input lag literally becomes a non-issue. The only thing that matters now that I don't experience any motion blur is my true reaction time.

The FW900 is a famous 24" widescreen CRT that has been a long-time favourite of CRT die-hards. If you were used to CRT gaming in the past -- and is very sensitive to motion blur -- the motion blur problem has now been fully solved on these LightBoost monitors!

Even pro competition gamers such as Team Exile 5 likes LightBoost, see Team Exile 5's review and their YouTube video. There's other reviewers and articles too.

One warning though, you do need a very powerful GPU capable of running at 120fps@120Hz, or you don't get the full benefits of LightBoost during video games. And yes, it's TN color quality, not as good as IPS color quality. But again, we're talking about the best possible motion clarity here! And for users who need that!

---

List of Supported 120 Hz Computer Monitors

Asus monitors: VG248QE, VG278H, VG278HE (LightBoost instructions)
BENQ monitors: XL2411T, XL2420T, XL2420TX, XL2720T (LightBoost instructions)
ACER monitors: HN274H (LightBoost instructions)
Samsung monitors: 700D, 750D, 950D (Alternate HOWTO)
If you are buying today (March 2013), get the LightBoost monitors, far less input lag than Samsung. For other displays, see List of 120Hz Monitors

Blur Busters Blog -- www.blurbusters.com -- blog about eliminating motion blur on LCD's.

---

Stability Fix & VSYNC OFF

This is important for convenience, after following the LightBoost instructions:

TIP: Improving Convenience, Stability & Eliminating “Control+T”:
Once you’ve verified LightBoost works (Step 12), and the registry tweak was already installed (Step 4), you can make LightBoost “stick” by going to nVidia Control Panel and disabling “Enable Stereoscopic 3D” (clear the checkbox in Step 8). If the screen did not flicker when doing this, LightBoost is still enabled even after disabling 3D!
– Games launch in 2D without needing Control+T
– Driver stability is improved in this mode, less freezing occurs.
- VSYNC OFF now works much more reliably, reducing input lag, fps higher than Hz.
(Note: Some games may automatically switch resolutions; make sure it stays at 120 Hz)
Occasionally (only on some troublesome systems), certain games such as Battlefield 3 insist on switching to a non-LightBoost compatible refresh rate. This can be overriden by using ToastyX's Custom Resolution Utility using some additional tips.

Feel free to post your comments and experiences.
Colors may degrade; REMEMBER to re-calibrate your color; there's a crimson fix too.
(TFT Central was able to get the majority of original colors while keeping LightBoost)
Last edited by mdrejhon on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I

Re: Eliminate LCD motion blur via LightBoost; Clearer than 1

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Please tone down the colors! A lot! (Or don't use them at all).

A couple of comments:
1. It seems that this 'mode' is made possible by fast TN's that can refresh each pixel faster than the 8.3ms required for 120Hz refreshes. To that end, it sounds like the backlight is being darkened/disabled for some portion of that 8.3ms, while the pixels transition to new states.
2. This sounds like it could have a detrimental effect on the monitor's backlight (likely LED's) as well as it's power circuitry, especially if brightness needs to be increased during the 'lit' intervals to make of for the lost light in the 'unlit' intervals of every refresh.

I'd like to see this in person, but it'd have to be running on something with better colors/uniformity/viewing angles/contrast than a TN. Samsung's PLS might fit the bill if they get serious about reducing input lag and improving the quality of the panels and monitors it's shipped in.

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 pm

That'd be a lot easier to read without gratuitous use of blue and red. As it is, I can't be bothered.
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

mdrejhon
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:37 pm

bthylafh wrote:
That'd be a lot easier to read without gratuitous use of blue and red. As it is, I can't be bothered.

Airmantharp wrote:
Please tone down the colors! A lot! (Or don't use them at all).

Fixed, and fixed. :D
All colors now removed from my original post.
Last edited by mdrejhon on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mdrejhon
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Airmantharp wrote:
A couple of comments:
1. It seems that this 'mode' is made possible by fast TN's that can refresh each pixel faster than the 8.3ms required for 120Hz refreshes. To that end, it sounds like the backlight is being darkened/disabled for some portion of that 8.3ms, while the pixels transition to new states.
That's correct.
It's also explained in TFTCentral's Motion Blur Reduction Backlights.
They said it greatly outperforms all scanning backlights that they have ever tested.

Airmantharp wrote:
2. This sounds like it could have a detrimental effect on the monitor's backlight (likely LED's) as well as it's power circuitry, especially if brightness needs to be increased during the 'lit' intervals to make of for the lost light in the 'unlit' intervals of every refresh.
Nope!
- It actually prolongs the life of the LED's. Google "PWM prolongs LED life"
- LED's are semiconductors chips that can switch millions of times per second.
- Even your living room's light dimmer is using a semiconductor to do PWM-style (chopping the AC waveform) for dimming your room.
- LED's are similiar semiconductors to optic fiber lasers (a special kind of LED that's designed to emit light coherently). These semiconductor lasers (LED's close cousin) which can switch on/off billions of times per second.
- PWM (pulse width modulation) is already used for LED dimming; including dimming the brightness of LED backlights.
- LightBoost strobe feature is already used for 3D Vision. The new tips is for 2D; so you don't need 3D glasses to benefit from LightBoost

Many monitors already use 360 Hz PWM to flash on/off the LED's quickly for brightness dimming. The big problem is cheaply made chinese power switching circuits that can wear out, but good monitors already have good switching circuits (And good capacitors that don't dry out over time).

The stroboscopic backlight is a part of nVidia 3D Vision 2 and is used to make 3D Vision brighter, clearer, and free of crosstalk (flash the backlight only when LCD shutter glasses are fully opened and the monitor refresh is complete). It just happens to also eliminate 2D motion blur. The new tips simply enables the existing stroboscopic feature, but without needing to use 3D Vision glasses.

Airmantharp wrote:
I'd like to see this in person, but it'd have to be running on something with better colors/uniformity/viewing angles/contrast than a TN.
True, colors are important.
However, you'd be surprised how important motion blur elimination is to some people. Some people have switched from IPS to LightBoost, if they are more sensitive to motion blur than to the colors. Many 2560x1440 IPS display become a blurry low-def mess during fast motion (fast strafing, circle strafing, 180 degree turns, high-speed low passes, etc). Fast motion on LightBoost keeps the exact full high-def sharpness; fast video game pans exactly as clear as stationary images. However, yes, other people are more sensitive to the good colors. If you are not sensitive to motion blur, or can't run close enough to 120fps @ 120Hz, LightBoost won't help very much. On the other hand, there is an order of magnitude less motion blur in LightBoost displays than most IPS LCD's. (For comparison's sake, even plain 120Hz LCD's only has twice the motion clarity of 60Hz LCD's)

Examples:
-- Skyviper's "SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!" post. Look at how he is dissapointed in TN, until he turns on LightBoost. (IPS user)
-- martinje's XL2720T review. He says it has less eyestrain than his Dell U2311H IPS monitors. (IPS user)
-- qwkslver's "holy *****! It's unbelievable! Definitely worth it coming from 1600p." post. (IPS user)
Thanks
Mark Rejhon

Ringofett
Gerbil

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm

It took all these years, but finally, by accident it seems, we've tripped over ourselves and figured out how to get back certain aspects of CRT goodness.

And it's, IMO, the only good thing to come from the 3D push so far..

But at least in my case, gaming isn't my primary use for a PC, and I need (okay, really really like) 24 to 30" monitors, where TN's look absolutely terrible in the color department. I think my glasses make it slightly worse, but slightly turning my head results in changing large swathes of a screens colors in this size range with TN.

Korean IPS displays, some of them, can be OC'd to 120Hz though (Overlord Computers), so the day IPS can benefit seems to be close if someone just puts all the correct hardware together. Exciting stuff!

mdrejhon
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Ringofett wrote:
It took all these years, but finally, by accident it seems, we've tripped over ourselves and figured out how to get back certain aspects of CRT goodness.
nVidia apparently already knew about this when they developed LightBoost. (older AnandTech article)
However, it's only a secondary reason to improved 3D experience & they essentially force-bundled it with 3D Vision.
So the motion blur elimination benefit was poorly known (until recently).

What's recently happened recently was the breakthrough of enabling LightBoost without buying a 3D emitter and 3D glasses. That you can buy a 3D Vision monitor (without buying the glasses kit), for the 2D motion blur elimination benefit. Most people didn't know that; there's historically more people worldwide that's annoyed at LCD motion blur than annoyed at not getting 3D stereoscopic. Recently, the feature became popular on forums (esreality, HardForum, OCN), TechNGaming then reported on it, BlurBusters.com started up, and it all spread like wildfire in the last few weeks to places like TFT Central, pcmonitors, NewEgg, ASUS, and still growing.
Last edited by mdrejhon on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:59 pm

Ringofett wrote:
Korean IPS displays, some of them, can be OC'd to 120Hz though (Overlord Computers), so the day IPS can benefit seems to be close if someone just puts all the correct hardware together. Exciting stuff!

The challenge here is that it's not the electronics (which have been 'overclocked' in these displays) that determine whether LightBoost is possible, but rather the panel. TN's can refresh pixels very fast, but IPS is technically much slower.

Still, that may not even matter; there's no reason that dimming the backlight has to be related to actual or even claimed pixel response times, so I believe that it's possible to make an IPS panel with this feature, though it may not be as effective as it apparently is on TNs. And it's also highly unlikely that mainstream IPS monitor vendors like Dell and HP would jump on this bandwagon, though Asus just might!

mdrejhon
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Airmantharp wrote:
The challenge here is that it's not the electronics (which have been 'overclocked' in these displays) that determine whether LightBoost is possible, but rather the panel. TN's can refresh pixels very fast, but IPS is technically much slower.

Still, that may not even matter; there's no reason that dimming the backlight has to be related to actual or even claimed pixel response times, so I believe that it's possible to make an IPS panel with this feature, though it may not be as effective as it apparently is on TNs. And it's also highly unlikely that mainstream IPS monitor vendors like Dell and HP would jump on this bandwagon, though Asus just might!
Yes, IPS is still too slow for a good full-panel stroboscopic backlight. You need a between-refreshes pause (blanking interval) of at least 4 milliseconds. Refresh the LCD, then wait for pixel transitions to settle (+2ms), then strobe the backlight (+2ms), then continue refreshing the LCD.

Similar backlight technology already exist in HDTV television sets (including IPS panels) in the form of scanning backlights (Sony Motionflow XR 960, Samsung Clear Motion Ratio 960). However, scanning backlights aren't as effective at eliminating motion blur as stroboscopic backlights. (It's covered in both the TFTCentral article, and in the Scanning Backlight FAQ). Also, many HDTV's have lots of input lag and often combine the scanning backlight with motion interpolation. So it's not very good for computers and video games.

Full-screen stroboscopic backlights have far more strict requirements in pixel transition speed -- the backlight can only be strobed after the whole screen has refreshed, so you need faster transitions. But stroboscopic backlights don't have the backlight diffusion disadvantage of scanning backlights; the on-segments leak light into off-segments. (Scanning backlights, however, are less restrictive in pixel persistence restrictions; you can strobe a row of LED's elsewhere in the display while waiting for a different part of the display to finish pixel transitions).

Most of those high-end HDTV's cost over $2000 for the best scanning backlights (the "960" speed and better scanning backlights).
LightBoost is the first computer/game friendly stroboscopic backlight technology to arrive in a sub-$300 monitor (ASUS VG248QE), yet it massively outperforms scanning backlights, outperforming "960" speed LED scanning backlights. It even has less motion blur than even plasma (hamstrung by its 5ms red/green plasma phosphor decay; versus LightBoost's 1.4ms clean strobe ability). The LightBoost LCD's were measured to have less motion blur than even the Panasonic VT50 plasma display (2500 Hz FFD). Plasma has better color, but plasma has now been leapfrogged by stroboscopic LCD in motion blur.

mdrejhon
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 pm

mdrejhon wrote:
True, colors are important.
However, you'd be surprised how important motion blur elimination is to some people.
[snip]
Examples:
-- Skyviper's "SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!" post. Look at how he is dissapointed in TN, until he turns on LightBoost. (IPS user)
-- martinje's XL2720T review. He says it has less eyestrain than his Dell U2311H IPS monitors. (IPS user)
-- qwkslver's "holy *****! It's unbelievable! Definitely worth it coming from 1600p." post. (IPS user)

There's another testimonial, with a very good color calibration, and matte-screen-film removal. This is the type of user who manages to pull out the maximum possible TN color quality, while keeping LightBoost benefits.
(service provided by username "Vega" on HardForum):

Im running one of those Asus 24" glossy screens that vega sells combined with a titan gtx and itis amazing. After dialing in the colors I like it better than my sony fw900 and my catleap 2b! This is exactly what i have been waiting years for! Thank you Mark your hard work is greatly appreciated
Last edited by mdrejhon on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm

EDIT BY MOD - Captain Ned - Back seat modding removed. Take it to PMs next time.
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

Arclight
Gerbil Elite

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:17 am

I haven't started reading the articles linked but from OP's post it seems very promissing. Thanks for sharing.
nVidia video drivers FAIL, click for more info
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 am

We've been through this before, so I remember this one. Truth be told though, mdrejhon, you did start the rebooted topic kind of like an infomercial. :D

Just to clear things up for the TN haters in here: this is a gaming application. You won't care if the apparent hue of your Quake Live enemy shifts from 0;255;0 to 7;239;12 because you laid back on the chair a bit and watch the TN panel from another angle. No, you won't. No. Nobody cares. This is for gaming.

Also to all the TN haters: today's panels aren't as horrible as you claim, even accounting for all possible applications. They used to be worse.

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:41 pm

How did I miss this thread?! x3

Hi mdrejhon, I don't know if you remember me, but I bought a VG248QE on your advice and I couldn't really be happier! (Well, with an HMD I could, but that's another story. :3 )

I mostly play fast-paced action and shooter games, so for me it was a no-brainer. In games like Warframe and TERA Online, the smoothness is immediately obvious even to my die-hard console gamer friend. He insists console games look "fine" day in and day out, but when he saw Warframe on my GTX Titan and VG248QE (1080p 120hz Lightboost) his jaw literally dropped and he had to say "okay, that s--- is just retarded." :lol:

In competitive games, like Blacklight: Retribution, the combination of properly configured gaming mouse and 120hz Lightboost2D honestly does feel like cheating. I have uncanny reaction times, and I always felt limited by what I assumed was network latency, but turns out to have been the relatively minor display latency I had. Now, with the fluid motion enabled by Lightboost2D, tracking moving targets is effortless and I get called a hacker every match I play.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work you do promoting this idea and the research you've done. I wouldn't have known about it if not for your last thread on the issue here at TechReport. Sorry for being one of the main reasons it got closed! x3

edit: I wanted to add a few notes about colors and contrast while I was at it. I use the VG248QE as my primary display now, and alongside it are two 22" ASUS VS229H-P eIPS displays.

Let me be honest: Out of the box, there was no question the colors on the VS229s were better than the VG248QE, and the situation got worse as the refresh rate went up; at 144Hz, there was a lot of shade crushing and things were horribly oversaturated. I did some googling about and found a review that talked about just this very issue.

Once you go in and mess with the settings (you have to set the monitor's "Splendid" presets to Theater Mode to unlock all the settings -- bit of idiocy there from ASUS -- and turn down the brightness and contrast pretty far while turning up the RGB settings in the color temperature), the picture improves a lot. The colors are still a little better on the IPS displays, but not extremely. They're all 6-bit + AFRC after all. The VG248QE has some kind of insaneo backlight, too; it gets up to 400 nits (!) on max brightness. This is so, when you enable Lightboost, it can remain really bright subjectively.

The only real disadvantage, picture-wise, of this display, is the viewing angle problem inherent to all TNs. When I say the colors are barely worse than the eIPS monitors I have, note that I mean straight-on. If I lean to the side -- or even slouch in my chair -- it does look worse. However, I see it as an impetus to sit up straight! ^^

So in short, for those worried about picture quality on these gaming monitors, just know what you're getting into and take the time to properly adjust the display; once configured, you won't miss your IPS that much. (And besides, you can do what I did -- just hook up the IPS to your onboard graphics and keep using it!) :3c

mdrejhon
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks. Glad you enjoy the LightBoost feature!
Do you tell other people during games, about LightBoost giving you a competitive advantage? Just say "google lightboost"
Thanks
Mark Rejhon

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

mdrejhon wrote:
Thanks. Glad you enjoy the LightBoost feature!
Do you tell other people during games, about LightBoost giving you a competitive advantage? Just say "google lightboost"

Sure, I do, hehe. I doubt anyone pays attention, but I definitely mention it. I've had a few people express interest, but with the chaotic and spammy nature of the chat in those games it's hard to really talk about anything at length.