Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

Skullzer
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

GPU price/performance charts?

Thu May 02, 2013 12:58 am

Hey all,

Is there a sticky or permanent link on here somewhere that has the latest GPU price/performance charts? I know I can find them at the end of recent gpu reviews, but is there a more convenient location? I found a sticky in the graphics forum but it seemed quite dated. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54603
Office PC:
AMD Phenom II x4 955 | ASUS M4A87TD Evo | 8GB ddr3 | EVGA GTX 970 4GB | Antec BP 550 | Antec 300 | Win 7 64
HTPC:
Intel i5-4570 | ASRock H87M | 8GB ddr3 | EVGA GTX 960 2GB | Corsair CX430M | Fractal Design Node 605 | Win 7 64

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Re: GPU price/performance charts?

Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 am

They're not much use outside of the scope of the GPU reviews because older cards tend to change in price so much from their launch prices that their position in the graph/chart isn't accurate or relevant anymore.

I agree something like Anand's Bench for price/performance would be handy but it'd require quite some work to keep updated.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

morphine
TR Staff

Thu May 02, 2013 10:34 am

I have the data that danny e. sent me quite a while but I honestly thought I'd have more time to update it (working for TR and all...) and never got a chance to really grab it.

I suppose a sticky linking to TR's own value graphs, always present at the end of reviews, would suffice for most.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

HorseIicious
Gerbil First Class

Thu May 02, 2013 10:38 am

morphine
TR Staff

Thu May 02, 2013 10:44 am

HorseIicious wrote:
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

Thanks for providing the link, but comparing 3DMarks/price is just about as innacurate as anything can ever be :(
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 pm

morphine wrote:
I suppose a sticky linking to TR's own value graphs, always present at the end of reviews, would suffice for most.

Yeah, this.
Though I enjoy reading each GPU review and keeping all the price/performance figures in my head anyway. I have to do that to some extent because I don't see the same pricing trends here that you guys have in the US.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.