GPU price/performance charts?

From the pixels, bits, and shaders to the graphic cards that power them. Discuss the latest from AMD and NVIDIA here.

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

GPU price/performance charts?

Postposted on Thu May 02, 2013 12:58 am

Hey all,

Is there a sticky or permanent link on here somewhere that has the latest GPU price/performance charts? I know I can find them at the end of recent gpu reviews, but is there a more convenient location? I found a sticky in the graphics forum but it seemed quite dated. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54603
AMD Phenom II x4 955 | ASUS M4A87TD Evo | 8GB G-Skill ddr3 | XFX Radeon 6950 2gb | Antec BP 550 | Antec 300 | Windows 7 64
Skullzer
Gerbil First Class

Re: GPU price/performance charts?

Postposted on Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 am

They're not much use outside of the scope of the GPU reviews because older cards tend to change in price so much from their launch prices that their position in the graph/chart isn't accurate or relevant anymore.

I agree something like Anand's Bench for price/performance would be handy but it'd require quite some work to keep updated.
I hear rig lists are all the rage, and I <3 the rage! Workstation = Black tower thing; HTPC = Shhhh!; Laptop - AMAZING FOLDING PC!
Chrispy_
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu May 02, 2013 10:34 am

I have the data that danny e. sent me quite a while but I honestly thought I'd have more time to update it (working for TR and all...) and never got a chance to really grab it.

I suppose a sticky linking to TR's own value graphs, always present at the end of reviews, would suffice for most.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(
morphine
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu May 02, 2013 10:38 am

HorseIicious
Gerbil

Postposted on Thu May 02, 2013 10:44 am

HorseIicious wrote:http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

Thanks for providing the link, but comparing 3DMarks/price is just about as innacurate as anything can ever be :(
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(
morphine
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 pm

morphine wrote:I suppose a sticky linking to TR's own value graphs, always present at the end of reviews, would suffice for most.

Yeah, this.
Though I enjoy reading each GPU review and keeping all the price/performance figures in my head anyway. I have to do that to some extent because I don't see the same pricing trends here that you guys have in the US.
I hear rig lists are all the rage, and I <3 the rage! Workstation = Black tower thing; HTPC = Shhhh!; Laptop - AMAZING FOLDING PC!
Chrispy_
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Gold subscriber

Return to Graphics