Stereoscopic 3d

From the pixels, bits, and shaders to the graphic cards that power them. Discuss the latest from AMD and NVIDIA here.

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

Stereoscopic 3d

Postposted on Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 am

I wonder how things moved since last techreport review of stereoscopic 3d technologies (http://techreport.com/review/22350/pc-g ... -2-vs-hd3d more than a year ago). How did things change with current gen. of graphic cards and current games (skyrim, crysis)? How powerfull GPU (either Nvidia or AMD) do I need to run new games fluently? I was unable to find any recent review so I think it would be nice if techreport could make one.
dodozoid
Gerbil

Re: Stereoscopic 3d

Postposted on Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 am

From that article:
Asus' VG278H monitor, a $700 solution with lightning-quick response times, still produces bothersome ghosting in certain games

The screens were the limiting factor back when that article was written, and the only major change since then is the advent of LightBoost monitors. Have a hunt around for reviews and info on LightBoost and Nvidia 3D Vision 2 like this one:
<insert large, flashing, epileptic-fit-inducing signature (based on the latest internet-meme) here>
Chrispy_
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Return to Graphics