Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Khali
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Dragon Age 3 due in Fall 2014

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:50 pm

I was a huge fan of Dragon Age Origins and felt let down by Dragon Age II. It was playable but not on par with the first in the series. So I am hoping Bioware learned from its mistakes and put what they learned into Dragon Age III Inqusition. They claim they have. Plus they have finally taken notice of Bethesda success with Skyrim and its open world and are going to try to emulate it. Only time will tell if they get it right.

Here is a link to the Dragon Age Wiki if you want to read what Bioware has to say for yourself.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_III:_Inquisition

Here is the trailer for Dragon Age III Inquisition. The voice over is done by Claudia Black in her role as Morigan.

http://youtu.be/rh8v3Et4tGE

On a side note, I tried to embed the video here but could not figure out how to or if we are allowed to on this forum. If we are could some one show me how to do it in the future? The way I used to do it on other forums just does not work here, then again its been a while so I might have forgotten something.

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I

Re: Dragon Age 3 due in Fall 2014

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Khali wrote:
Here is the trailer for Dragon Age III Inquisition. The voice over is done by Claudia Black in her role as Morigan.

Love her work; don't see her often enough, but she was great in the latter Stargate SG-1 seasons. Morrigan remains among my favorite game characters; one thing Bioware regularly gets right.

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:59 pm

It's using Frostbite 3, and will have massive levels influenced by Skyrim. Where can I pre-order?

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Khali wrote:
So I am hoping Bioware learned from its mistakes

:lol: You mean, "EA has learned"? I doubt that they did.

Khali wrote:
and are going to try to emulate it

That's EA for you... "WoW was successful because of featurs x, y and z? Let's try to emulate it with SW:TOR! Bioware slaves! Back to work! Chop, chop!" :wink:
Last edited by JohnC on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

Khali
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Airmantharp wrote:
Khali wrote:

Love her work; don't see her often enough, but she was great in the latter Stargate SG-1 seasons. Morrigan remains among my favorite game characters; one thing Bioware regularly gets right.

I have been a fan of Claudia Black since 1999 when I first seen her in Farscape. When that show ended and she appeared on Stargate SG-1 I was thrilled. Lost track of her for a few years after that until I got Dragon Age Origins and came across Morigan for the first time. I was sitting there thinking "I know that voice". I finally figured it out after waking up in Flemeth's hut and talking to her again.

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 pm

I'm a Sci-Fi fan, yet I can't stomach most of what's out there (damn Netflix for pulling Babylon 5 RIGHT as I was starting to watch it, and then letting go of most of Stargate...), but I do like it when good actors/actresses get pulled in for neat roles like this. It's fun to see these guys and gals do real work in high-profile games; they're talents are much appreciated compared to some of the wonky and lifeless stuff developers once settled for.

LostCat
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Definately grabbin it. I loved DA2 though it had its faults.

Sounds like their in house engine being a bit weak was the source of some of them.
Meow.

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Savyg wrote:
Definately grabbin it. I loved DA2 though it had its faults.

Sounds like their in house engine being a bit weak was the source of some of them.

Current consoles being crap had to have been a part of it too; their 'in-house' engine was Unreal Engine 3 :).

-corrected, see below, thanks!
Last edited by Airmantharp on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Nah, you're wrong. Lycium Engine in DA2 was based on Eclipse Engine from DA:O.
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

LostCat
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Meow.

juzz86
Gerbil First Class

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:59 pm

Bring it on! I love Dragon Age Origins, although it dragged in some places I'd rather too much content than too little, like Dragon Age II. A decent game, but just too short for me.

Hopefully this turns out to be great. With the massive open levels mentioned and a bit of a departure from scripted play, this'll be well-worth owning. Still, I'll wait until it's released to find out more. Learned a hard lesson with the build-up for other EA titles.
7700K, 32GB, 1080Ti - Suppressor F1