turboroe wrote:Samsung LCD TV Clicking or Not turning on walkthrough:
1. Short out the eeprom pins 5 & 6 ( the two pins that connect to resistors ).
The easiest way is to carefully solder a thin wire (about 6" length) to each of the 2
little round pre-soldered pads that lie in front of pins 5 and 6 and use the wires
as a contact breaker to easily shorten the pins.
2. Turn on the power - Instead of the usual noticeable relay click, you get a faint click,
the backlight stays off, nothing else happens.
3. Wait around 1-2 secs ( anything longer than this NEVER seemed to work ).
4. Remove the short.
Note: by now the TV is already in normal standby operation, but EEPROM values are still bugged.
5. Press the service mode key combination on the remote control.
Note: check service manual for the correct combination or try the following:
* info, menu, mute, power on) - In that order individually, one at a time.
* mute, 1, 8, 2, power on) - In that order individually, one at a time.
6. TV should come on with noise picture and then the service menu (press Source if it is difficult to read)
7. Immediately go to option Adjust and turn OFF the watchdogs
(especially in case your TV keeps turning off by itself at this point)
..my tv was turning on and off, so I had to reset the EEPROM too (the capacitors on the power board were fine)
But first of all, this is my TV: www(DOT)samsung(DOT)com/br/consumer/tv-audio-video/tv/led-tv/UN40D5500RGXZD-support
I followed Turboroe's steps without much problems, until I got in step "6". As the step says, my tv came with a noise picture.. but the service menu never appeared. I tried pressing Source, but I never was able to change the noise screen or make the service menu shows up (tried this with and without input cables connected to the tv, to see if I could change to one of those other sources).
Maybe the service menu was actually opened there...just not being visible (since the noise screen showed up after doing the code for the service menu on my controller)
After some minutes, the tv turns off (not the same as the on off problem, cause on that case, the tv would turn on and off between a fell seconds). It stays at standby... not turning on by itself at all. But if I try doing the service menu code on this point ( or turning the tv on), it starts the On Off problem again.
It probably happens cause the EEPROM was not rewritten yet..
So I needed some help so I could rewrite the EEPROM ...could I do something here? ...maybe there's some way for me to see the service menu, so I could perform the step "7" of Turboroe's guide, and so, be able to turn OFF the watchdogs ??
Hope someone can give me some tips about this..
Thanks in advance