Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

James Carlsom
Gerbil
Topic Author

Windows 8 is so horrible

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Check out this video this guy did with his dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4boTbv9_nU

This is so hilarious.

BIF
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Windows 8 is so horrible

Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:20 am

Old video. I thought it was a bad attempt at being "cutesy to make a point" and so long that it was cruel. Why do that to somebody you supposedly love?

I know, I know, "illustrative purposes" and all that. It did portray the same things that bothered me about Windows 8's UI, and nobody listened to people like me who did and still have trouble with the UI and the lack of configuration options. Even today, half the time I can't see my scroll bars and there's no way to change the color or contrast of the scroll bars or other elements in Windows 8.

Nobody really gave useful help (much like the so-called son in this video), and to this day I still get "start typing what you want" as an answer to every complaint. That does not work reliably, because IN ADDITION TO NO MENU, I have to learn and remember the NEW NAMES of everything I want.

Anyway I got tired of being frustrated and insulted Microsoft's product and by people in the comments section of the news articles, I went off and got myself a button/screen replacement. Nobody helped, so to hell with them.

Now they frown and roll their eyes when they see my start button and start menu, even though I'm faster than they are. I don't care. And as soon as I find a way to change colors and contrast of my UI's elements, I'll do it.

And the video is still cruel.

kumori
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: Windows 8 is so horrible

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:00 am

BIF wrote:
Even today, half the time I can't see my scroll bars and there's no way to change the color or contrast of the scroll bars or other elements in Windows 8.

Be glad you even have scroll bars. OSX hasn't had them since lion.