Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Re: World Of Warcraft

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:14 am

The AH has always been that wonderful microcosm of real life. Supply and demand. With a Shared AH you now have many suppliers with their niches that might collide and drive pricing down. Or maybe even some of them collude with each other and keep pricing up. (I doubt this really) Transmog items are probably where the money is at. And Gems. (they made it harder for JC's this expac because all high end patterns are by discovery only and there's no guarantee you get what you need or are looking for.)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 am

JC wasn't awful when you realized that using spirits of harmony had no CD. Sure, it was more random, but you could farm a lot of them and not get bogged down by the daily CD on other recipes.

The AH will definitely be mixed. The weird thing is that even though there might be high demand and low supply on a low pop server, no one has enough gold to pay ridiculous prices, and some super-rare items end up being a lot cheaper. This happened during my transfer to a high pop: the Tome for the Warlock quest was 15k on my new server, but 1.5k on my old one. I picked one up before I transferred my priest.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 am

Well finally got my ilvl 600 cloak today....glad thats done and will move my way into the legendary cloak come 5.4 :D

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 am

Starfalcon wrote:
Well finally got my ilvl 600 cloak today....glad thats done and will move my way into the legendary cloak come 5.4 :D

grr I'm still 2 Runes short, so next week hopefully for me.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 pm

I actually got all the runes I needed over a month ago, just couldn't get down the dps challenge. For melee its extremely hard to do, esp if you don't have an extremely high ilvl. Doing the fight itself isn't hard, it is burning down the multiple adds that takes the mad dps. I am just glad I finished it, as every week I was spending a couple hours at it getting angry.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

tanker27 wrote:
Starfalcon wrote:

grr I'm still 2 Runes short, so next week hopefully for me.

Arrr, I am still 3 runes short on vashknight http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/galakrond/Vashknight/advanced and I have not raided mandelrog http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/galakrond/Mandelrog/advanced enough to even get the head gear jewel yet, let alone the cloak. But last week vashknight and team bacon finally got 12 of 12 on ToT and that was very satisfying.

On the cross-relm AH, I think that is a great idea. The Galakrond server is rather low pop and it will be great to have a wider market to sell against. Ditto for being able to pug cross realm. Our raid team has held together pretty well but there are occasional times when a member could not make the raid and it would be great to pug a friend from another server.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Well my GM finally got to the fight for the cape, it amuses me how he made fun of me cursing out the game and now he is doing the same. I hope he gets it, but not for a while as its fun ribbing him about how he doesnt have it yet :D One of our guildies suggested him playing eye of the tiger while trying it as a joke, and damn if he didn't do it....followed by lots of cursing between wipes lol.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 am

They announced the server combine in 5.4. I dont have a link handy but just hit up MMO Champion.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:00 am

I do not know what was goign on last night, but it seemed they were having all sorts of server issues. I had several toons get stuck in instances, even though the others could get in the game. It would stick at 90% or so while loading, until it finally disconnected you several minutes later. Something was definately messed up with the instance servers, hope they got this fixed last night as I was planning to do a bunch before reset, and all I got to do was bitch in trade. :evil:

superjawes

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 am

I had a similar problem the other night. Seemed like only a couple servers were affected. Maybe they're rotating some behind-the-scenes maintenence?
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 am

Starfalcon wrote:
Well my GM finally got to the fight for the cape, it amuses me how he made fun of me cursing out the game and now he is doing the same. I hope he gets it, but not for a while as its fun ribbing him about how he doesnt have it yet :D One of our guildies suggested him playing eye of the tiger while trying it as a joke, and damn if he didn't do it....followed by lots of cursing between wipes lol.

I finally got my cape this Monday morning for my DK. After quite a few melee dps pulls at White Tiger Temple and never getting Wrathion below 70%, I decided to sleep on it and try the Shado-Pan tanking scenario. Got it on the third pull.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:36 am

Yeah as a DK the tanking scenario is a joke. And you can cheat it buy picking up the Shado-pan daily companion to give you some extra umph. I was able to get it down to 10% without even trying and before the 2nd phase where you have to intercept the ranged, so I killed myself. I actually went back to the DPS scenario at the White Tiger and gave that a go. After two hours last night I completed it. On my successful attempt I think I blew every cooldown at least twice, switched stances multiple times, and used pots, flask, food and 'lock cookies. The DPS one isnt for sissies and is down right brutal. But the biggest trick for me was switching to Unholy, the hard hitting Blood Boil (used this on adds and when Wrathion splits. One hit for diseases then BB them to death) plus the ghoul did wonders. I also made a macro for interrupts. (that's one thing the tanking one should me is that the scenario is really easier when you can interrupt everything)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

superjawes

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:14 am

Patch video released. I am officially ready to kill Garrosh.

At least I hope so. I will be upset at this point if he gets a "get out of death free" card via something they haven't mentioned yet.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:59 pm

superjawes wrote:
Patch video released. I am officially ready to kill Garrosh.

At least I hope so. I will be upset at this point if he gets a "get out of death free" card via something they haven't mentioned yet.

Me too. I am actually hoping that Sylvanis would become next warchief as she has been quiet this Xpac. But I guess she still wants to further her own agenda so I guess Vol'jin or Baine will become it. Or they will throw something out of left field to tie in the next xpac which would be interesting Because I actually think the next xpac would be To go to the Twisting Nether to take on the Burning legion itself. Or the Emerald Dream (LOL)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:42 pm

tanker27 wrote:
Yeah as a DK the tanking scenario is a joke. And you can cheat it buy picking up the Shado-pan daily companion to give you some extra umph. I was able to get it down to 10% without even trying and before the 2nd phase where you have to intercept the ranged, so I killed myself. I actually went back to the DPS scenario at the White Tiger and gave that a go. After two hours last night I completed it. On my successful attempt I think I blew every cooldown at least twice, switched stances multiple times, and used pots, flask, food and 'lock cookies. The DPS one isnt for sissies and is down right brutal. But the biggest trick for me was switching to Unholy, the hard hitting Blood Boil (used this on adds and when Wrathion splits. One hit for diseases then BB them to death) plus the ghoul did wonders. I also made a macro for interrupts. (that's one thing the tanking one should me is that the scenario is really easier when you can interrupt everything)

Yeah, I listened carefully to each of the aspects and it was clear they suggested most of the attacks could be interrupted. I think the melee DPS scenario will be much easier on my subtlety rogue. He bursts way more dps and I am more used to using his stuns.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 am

Well we finally got tortos dow yesterday, we moved forward and kill all the next trash for epic drops....none did sadly and gave a shot at the next boss. We got it over halfway down without seriously trying, so hopefully that one will go down next raid day. The we get to face our new snail overlords...oh god the snails....

Also looking forward to the new patch, and the new timeless isle also. Plus the new raid to look forward to, so much new stuff to do and with the patch dropping soon after the 27th it is right around the corner.

Oh and as for sub its going to be hard to do the challenge as you need to burst down a group of 5 adds that get buffed the longer they are up...and they can hit hard as hell. they can be slowed but not stunned, so it wont be easy for sub with no real aoe. Assass has FOK and combat has BF, and the longer they are up the bigger their buff gets and they can one shot you in a short time. They did nerf them 10% or so last week so it isnt as hard, but it is still very difficult to do.

LukeCWM
Gerbil

Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:11 pm

I read through the entire first page of this thread today thinking, "Wow, some serious Star Wars Galaxies fans here..." before I realized that those posts were from 2004. Oops. :oops:

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:36 pm

LukeCWM wrote:
I read through the entire first page of this thread today thinking, "Wow, some serious Star Wars Galaxies fans here..." before I realized that those posts were from 2004. Oops. :oops:

I loved Galaxies before the whole revamp. Even unlocked my Jedi on like the 39th profession. :-?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

keltor
Gerbil First Class

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:48 pm

SWG was AWESOME until those COD4 script kiddies came out with their MMO ... no wait I mean until WoW came out and so of course SOE freaked out. SOE's "management" was SWGs biggest issue.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Starfalcon wrote:
Well we finally got tortos dow yesterday, we moved forward and kill all the next trash for epic drops....none did sadly and gave a shot at the next boss. We got it over halfway down without seriously trying, so hopefully that one will go down next raid day. The we get to face our new snail overlords...oh god the snails....

Also looking forward to the new patch, and the new timeless isle also. Plus the new raid to look forward to, so much new stuff to do and with the patch dropping soon after the 27th it is right around the corner.

Oh and as for sub its going to be hard to do the challenge as you need to burst down a group of 5 adds that get buffed the longer they are up...and they can hit hard as hell. they can be slowed but not stunned, so it wont be easy for sub with no real aoe. Assass has FOK and combat has BF, and the longer they are up the bigger their buff gets and they can one shot you in a short time. They did nerf them 10% or so last week so it isnt as hard, but it is still very difficult to do.

You will find Megaera and Ji-Kun to be easy after Tortos. The next night we one shotted Durumu the Forgotten -Primordius – and Dark Animus. But we have an awesome pally tank who one tanked them for us. We found Iron Qon to be a big pain till we convinced our off tank to come in on his lok to let us gate past the tornadoes. The Twin Consorts were another easy fight. Lei Shen is tough but doable by then. For us, Tortos, Iron Qon, and Lei Shen are the only tough ones. It really helps to have a haste speced pally tank, especially on Tortos.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Well new 5.4 patch drops on 9-10-13. A new raid to look forward along with flex raiding. :D

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Looking forward to new content tomorrow. Wondering if I will like it or if I will start playing less other than raiding. Wish I could afford the haunting spirits to get my Subtlety rogue some 522 boots and he never has gotten a decent weapon drop. My raid team is only willing to let me bring my DK melee DPS so the rogue is harder to level. I only get to occasionally pug him. But tonight I will finally run him through the thunder forge for the head gem scenario.

My Frost DK is maxed out for normal raiding and we raid tomorrow night.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:55 pm

We plan to do flex raiding, so any TR people who are interested send me a PM or let me know ingame.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Well got my legendary cloak today :D Few more guildies hopefully will get theirs today.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:19 am

Grabbed the legendary cloak shortly after servers came up yesterday and boy Mendenbarr, the leading DK theorycrafter, (he also writes the guides for Elitestjerks, MMO-Champion, and Icyveins) wasnt lying when he said "on PTR tests the cloak did as much as 25% of overall damage on trash." This thing is amazing, here's hoping it doesnt get nurfed.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:29 am

Yeah that thing just melts things hardcore, and it procs a lot. Been looking at my recount and its near the top, and gets even messier with blade flurry lol.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:10 pm

We got the first two bosses of the new raid down on Tuesday when MOP 5.4 came out. I got a plate drop of a ilvl 557 'poisonbinder girth'.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... t/advanced
Yesterday I used oQueue to make a raid to get the Celestials and finally got the dps and tank legendary cloaks for my DK. Can hardly wait for raid this Friday to see how it procs. We could not get third boss down on Tuesday because of hitting enrage timer. There is a serious debuff that drops dps. We are guessing Blizz will add 1-1.5 minutes to the enrage timer.

Ask mr robot has really shifted the suggested gemming for DK's. It wants us to stack mastery even over strength if strength bonus is less than 60 and even in red sockets (e.g. 320 mastery better than 160 strength). This is swapping about 1200 strength for an additional 10% mastery. Very odd but I decided to try it.
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ ... vashknight

edit:
I ran a scenario, dungeon, and LFR, and topped out nicely over 200K pretty routinely. However that may be the legendary cloak proc.
I reread what ask mr robot said. Gemming for mastery over strength is suggested for MOP 5.4. But they suggest gemming for strength for T15 and lower. My gear is mostly fully upgrated T15 522 pieces, with a few better items (ilvl 536). So, I went back to strength gemming. But it looks like, for the next tier, 160 Mastery is better than 80 strength. Hmmm?

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:43 am

Mr Bill wrote:
Ask mr robot has really shifted the suggested gemming for DK's. It wants us to stack mastery even over strength if strength bonus is less than 60 and even in red sockets (e.g. 320 mastery better than 160 strength). This is swapping about 1200 strength for an additional 10% mastery. Very odd but I decided to try it.
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ ... vashknight

Remember that for strength to be better than a secondary it must be 2 times + than the secondary stat. In this case Str vs Mastery isnt. Mastery is just too good.

My Main is a DK and I followed very closely to what was happening on PTR and with what Mendenbarr and #Archaeus was saying. Mastery is just too good. Anyways you really should run your own SimC profile to get stat weights that are appropriate for you and your current gear. And then keep rerunning it after you get a new upgrade. the askmrrobot weights are good but the SimC stuff is better. (If you do run SimC you'll probably find that the weights will still lead you to stacking all mastery) SimC can be grabbed here: http://simulationcraft.org/

A quick guide on how to use it:

Set iterations: I use 10000
Set type: I never use patchwork style and always choose light or heavy movement
Set skill level: I choose good but sometimes use elite
Set cores: I use 4

Set you buffs: Your raid should have all of them

Set weights to watch: For a DK I set Wpn DPS, OH DPs, Hit, Exper, Str, crit, mastery, haste, Hit + (this is hit overcap)

Import your character from wow armory

then press the simulate button in the lower right.

After a few minutes you'll be presented with nice graphs of your simulated fight and the weight stats. take those weight numbers to askmrrobot and plug them in then optimize. Now you will get gemming and reforg info for your class in that gear.

Just remember that as you do LFR, flex, Normal the gear are huge upgrades so rerun SimC each time you get new gear especially if you're one of those lucky SOBs :D that get multiple drops. (RNG hates me!)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 am

I was all ready to come back to WoW, till I discovered that my wife's account was hacked. I had put an authenticator on mine but not on hers. I've heard horror stories of the trouble needed to get that fixed so that's just enough to stop me from giving them more money.

In fact, I put in her email, last name, first name in the account recovery page and it said invalid and blocked further requests to access the site. I guess Blizzard doesn't need me as a customer.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Its not really that hard, you can put in a ticket on their website and they generally have it taken care of in a few hours.