Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

PainIs4ThaWeak1
Gerbil

Re: Looking for a retro case

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:07 am

Khali wrote:
This is a very nice woman but she wants what she wants and nothing else will do. If I had to pick a word or two to describe her once she gets going with something it would be uncompromising and relentless.

Surely many of you are at least in the same age group as I, if not older... I thought by now we would've all realized that all women are uncompromising and relentless. ;)

This isn't going to help any, but if it were me in this situation, I would've quietly swept this issue under the rug. Never to be mentioned agian. And if it were, words like "You can't fight change", or "Use your Subaru Forester to return to the 90's" would probably be used. :)

Khali
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:17 am

PainIs4ThaWeak1 wrote:
Khali wrote:
This is a very nice woman but she wants what she wants and nothing else will do. If I had to pick a word or two to describe her once she gets going with something it would be uncompromising and relentless.

Surely many of you are at least in the same age group as I, if not older... I thought by now we would've all realized that all women are uncompromising and relentless. ;)

This isn't going to help any, but if it were me in this situation, I would've quietly swept this issue under the rug. Never to be mentioned agian. And if it were, words like "You can't fight change", or "Use your Subaru Forester to return to the 90's" would probably be used. :)

You have no idea how far beyond any other female I know this woman is when she gets a idea in her head.

I have given her some options to think about. At this point she has seen all the HTPC cases that might work for a business system like she wants.

PainIs4ThaWeak1
Gerbil

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:41 am

Well, I suppose since I opened my proverbial "big mouth", I might as well offer something worth a darn...

Fractal Design's Node 605 might be worth a look: http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=pro ... =2&prod=95
Hell, the more I look at it, the more I like it.

And don't forget about Mountain Mods when it comes to odd-ball cases...

http://www.mountainmods.com/transparency-p-550.html

I'm sure they'd be able to do SOMEthing, even if it has to be a one-off affair. Though be prepared for a several hundred dollar price tag. A "custom" case I configured with their configurator was somewhere in the realm of ~$450, IIRC.