Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Topic Author

Hockey!!

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Blues/Sharks, halfway through the 1st and there's already 4 game misconducts on an ugly boarding hit to Dan Boyle and the subsequent fight. 2 Sharks PP goals after that. By somewhere in the 2nd this will get even bloodier.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Hockey!!

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:52 pm

I just read the news that Boyle was stretchered off. Never good.

These two teams have a lot on the line right now.

*edit* San Jose is up 4-0. That's a pretty big whole to dig out of for St. Louis.
No matter how bad the new homepage sucks or how bungled the new management is...

To all the original writers/contributors and volunteers, please know that I have nothing but the deepest love for you and the work you've done.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Topic Author

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:03 pm

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2013/12/16 ... -the-game/

Fan takes puck to the forehead and doesn't leave to get fixed up until after OT and the shootout. Only in a hockey rink.

Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Haha, I'd be the same way. "But 'tis a flesh wound, now hurry up and drop the puck!"

I know in the rinks I play at/watch junior games at, they have netting that completely incase the whole rink. I don't think Canadian Tire Center (Ottawa Senators) has nets on the sides though (just like the clip there at Verizon Center)
No matter how bad the new homepage sucks or how bungled the new management is...

To all the original writers/contributors and volunteers, please know that I have nothing but the deepest love for you and the work you've done.

PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Hockey is part of the reason Canadian males are like they are. We get sent out at an early age to do battle on the rinks. We get used to smashing into each other and having it not mean much. Whoop de doo, pick yourself up and get back into it.

I loved to play hockey, it was amazing fun for a kid and taught useful lessons, although they were mainly were about violence. ;)
Fuji X-E1 Leica Elmar 135 4 XF60mm 2.4 Macro | Zeiss FE 35mm 2.8
http://carnagepro.com
"Everything ... they eat everything, and fear is their bacon bits."

Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Topic Author

Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B0kOcp_tCQ

The US and Canadian women's hockey teams do not like each other. They make a reference to Burlington, VT. That game reminded many of the classic Canadiens/Nordiques Good Friday Massacre.

Deanjo
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:28 am

This time of year it is all about World Juniors for me. Great hockey to watch.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Topic Author

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rulh6vcmWa8

I'm sure Don Cherry will be talking up that hit Saturday night. Dude, don't keep your head down while the HS version of Scott Stevens is so obviously lining you up. Damn.

EDIT: Have been surfing YouTube videos of "hockey's greatest fights". I can only imagine the look of terror on the face of a young linesman sent in to separate Tie Domi & Bob Probert. No way, no how. Let them finish it out on the ice. Ask the fan that crashed the penalty box one night.