Topic Author

Nexus 5 is here, I just ordered

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Yikes!

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Nexus 5 is here, I just ordered

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Yea, I've seen that. Pretty impressive device with lots of useful features - OIS, wireless charging, true HDR camera mode (the phone actually takes several pictures to combine them into single one), better battery (esp. if it's actually LG's new SiO+ battery), the 445ppi awesome LG's IPS display, etc. Plus the new KitKat OS which should consume even less resources and run faster with better battery life. Kinda disappointing that it doesn't have IR transmitter or stereo speakers (like on my HTC One) but oh well, no phone is perfect in every way :wink:
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:48 pm

Hope there's not supply issues this time around like there was with the 4. Took forever to get the dang thing in stock
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Thrashdog
Gerbil XP

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:53 pm

Just ordered mine. The 16GB version is already sold out on the Play store, and I was watching estimated ship dates on the 32GB version rolling further into the future with each page refresh. History repeats itself... :roll:

flip-mode
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:55 pm

My contact with Cincinnati Bell is up, and at the moment my intention is to switch to T-Mobile.

flip-mode
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:39 pm

I just got my shipping notification the phones are on their way!

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Grats! Don't forget to order a wireless charger - they are extremely convenient. You can either go with LG's own version for it or something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charger- ... qi+charger
I have this one, it has a very convenient sound notification which beeps once when it starts charging the phone, so you will know you placed your phone on it correctly (if it does not beep or starts continues beeping - you placed it wrong). Also includes a power supply with USB port, which is always a nice thing to have :wink:

B.t.w, if you have a car with a plenty of space between front seats or a large middle armrest - you can also creatively integrate one of these chargers into it.
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Everyone let me know how the Nexus 5 plays! My wife is looking to get her first smartphone, and I think this is a good candidate (and certainly a good alternative since she would probably default to an iPhone).
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.