Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Urban Meyer putting the low in low-class

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Meyer will not suspend thugs who threw punches and flipped off the crowd. Is anyone surprised coming from someone as low class as Urban Meyer?
Meyer, putting the douche in douche-bag.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... title-game
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

grantmeaname
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Urban Meyer putting the low in low-class

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:51 pm

They were suspended for the remainder of the game, for one thing. For another, they only threw punches back, which is a pretty key point. Did you watch the game, and see the eight enormous dudes surrounding the 180-lb freshman, the three of them that punched him, and the one that ripped off his helmet? Damn straight he should've thrown punches back.

#LewanPunchedFirst
Krogoth wrote:
Care to enlightenment me?

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:05 pm

grantmeaname wrote:
They were suspended for the remainder of the game, for one thing. For another, they only threw punches back, which is a pretty key point. Did you watch the game, and see the eight enormous dudes surrounding the 180-lb freshman, the three of them that punched him, and the one that ripped off his helmet? Damn straight he should've thrown punches back.

#LewanPunchedFirst

Yeah, I watched the game. There were about six to ten players that should have been ejected.
Damn straight he should've thrown punches back.

Punches do not belong on the football field.

There should be review allowed for brawls. Anyone involved should be ejected and suspended a minimum of three games.
On ejection you should also be on immediate probation. Any other childish, vulgar or un-sportsman like behavior should see suspension for the season. aka Marcus Hall
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

CampinCarl
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Wow. You really are a killjoy, danny e. I'm glad you're not making the rules. So if The Game was the first game of the season, you would suggest Marcus Hall be suspended for the rest of the year? Do you understand, at all, what you're insinuating?
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming-3 | R7 1700X | 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 (@DDR4-2933)| Samsung 960 Evo 1TB SSD | Gigabyte GTX1080 | Win 10 Pro x86-64

grantmeaname
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:03 pm

danny e. wrote:
Damn straight he should've thrown punches back.
Punches do not belong on the football field.

I agree, but punching back should be punished differently than surrounding a guy and punching him because you're a scumweasel. I'm not as convinced that punching back deserves an ejection even though it would be better not to.
Krogoth wrote:
Care to enlightenment me?

Yeats
Gerbil XP

Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 pm

I thought it was pretty funny that Todd Blackledge referred to Dontre Wilson as Dontrelle Willis.*

* Dontrelle Willis was once a very good pitcher for the Marlins.