Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: World Of Warcraft

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 am

Well looks like after getting pushed back our server is finally getting merged on the 30th...at least my storage problems will be somewhat resolved. :D

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am

I'm curious to see effects on the AH, like when annoying people try to corner the market on common mats.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:51 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
I'm curious to see effects on the AH, like when annoying people try to corner the market on common mats.

You mean like eggs during the Christmas event? Yeah that is me. 1500 egg listings nets me about 15000G. I stock up every August-October and then go to town in December. :P
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:08 am

tanker27 wrote:

You mean like eggs during the Christmas event? Yeah that is me. 1500 egg listings nets me about 15000G. I stock up every August-October and then go to town in December. :P

I've sold eggs before. No, I mean people that buy up all the cloth, ore, or enchant mats and then double the price. Doesn't usually last long because people can farm those so fast. It's just annoying. Someone bought up all the 20 stacks of cloth, listed them as many pages of stacks of 5, at high price. Stuff like that.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:38 am

Now that Galakrond and Blackhand are merged the combination is a high pop server. Its harder to mine or herb my favorite places because of so many people all going after the same mats. Worse yet, prices have dropped by 50% at the AH. But yeah, we have a guy on our server who routinely buys all the royal satchels and embersilk bags whenever they come up cheap on the AH and then he reposts them for twice the cost. I'm considering leveling an enchanter just so I can destroy all the greens that I can't move on the AH. I don't even bother trying to move them for "market" value. I mark them up to 3X vendor price and they move eventually.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:05 pm

One of the tricks I use when auctioning stuff is that I never post more than five auctions of a single item and never for more than 12 hours. That way you can re-undercut people more quickly, you spend less on listing fees, and if someone is buying up your stuff to relist it, you can exploit them :wink:

After leveling a toon through BC zones, I turned all the cloth into netherweave bags, listed five that got bought within 5 minutes. I saw that he/she just relisted them at a higher price, so I listed another five that got bought again...by the same person.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:52 am

Oh my God, I just spent 6+ hours doing Thok, up to Garrosh on Flex. I joined a Flex 3 group at Thok and we got him down in 2 easy pulls. The raidleader said he was going on to do Flex 4. I needed the achieve for my rogue (had it on my DK) so I stayed in. 14 pulls later we got Siegecrafter. Nobody seemed to be able to run belts (ahem, including myself) consistently enough. Then two pulls for Paragons, then Arrrrrggg! around 20 pulls on Garrosh and never got him down. It took a while but we finally got all the mechanics and were making it easily to the third phase. Then after two or more wipes there (entire raid mind controlled, which actually was rather funny) people lost patience and left. No subsequent group could even get to the third phase. Finally, Comcast dropped my connection for 10 minutes and after apologies, I gave myself leave to give up for the night. Hard to believe I've done Garrosh a few times on my less geared DK and it was just a dash through. Guess I had lucky groups. :oops:
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:32 am

Garrosh is a very mechanic heavy fight. You need everyone to pull their weight. Foregoing MCs to dps Garrosh leads to wipes. Foregoing killing adds in phase 3 and 4 leads to wipes. Killing ads next to other ads so they empower leads to wipes.

I love that fight. The last time I loved a end boss fight was waaaaay back when Nefarian was current content. Even the LK himself was a ho hum fight for me.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Ahh, sweet justice. The first group I got in for Garrosh on Tuesday got him down in one pull and it was fun!

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:28 am

Maintenance 3 days in a row. I haven't seen that in years. How annoying!

Ugh, even Diablo 3 is down too.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:51 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
Maintenance 3 days in a row. I haven't seen that in years. How annoying!

Ugh, even Diablo 3 is down too.

Really? I haven't logged in in a week because of work stuff. That is odd. They must be ramping up for the new XPAC......But still no release date. :(
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:32 pm

They had some serious bugs due to stuff they are rolling out for the new expac. People were having store mounts and pets disappearing from their lists along with lags, disconnects etc. They had to roll out a whole bunch of hotfixes to get it all running properly again. It was pretty bad for a couple days though esp all the people complaining about their lost stuff in trade.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm sort of torn about the state of OQueue. On the one hand, its nice with OQueue not working, that I can once again see if somebody whispered me without being blocked by the continual stream of new tabs informing me that a battlenet friend has logged on or off. On the other hand queuing for Flex LFR is much less selective in that I cannot queue for the boss I want. Furthermore, it seems for Ordos / Celestials, that the Flex LFR keeps giving me groups were someone pulls before even half the group is present. That was not happening back when I was using OQueue. I think Blizz needs to make sure the raid leader has more control over group composition and let people see what queues are forming and decide which to queue for.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:17 am

Hey they fixed OQueue! The new version 1.6.9 no longer spams your message bars with a new bar for each Battlenet buddy. I am back to using it again.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:19 am

AT least they finally got armory fixed on my server, wasn't able to use shadowcraft and lost my game sig. At least they are both back again :D I was also glad when they got Oqueue fixed, I use it to do several raids a week.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:38 am

Starfalcon wrote:
They had some serious bugs due to stuff they are rolling out for the new expac. People were having store mounts and pets disappearing from their lists along with lags, disconnects etc. They had to roll out a whole bunch of hotfixes to get it all running properly again. It was pretty bad for a couple days though esp all the people complaining about their lost stuff in trade.
We are having similar problems on our server as well especially sever lag / disconnect problems. Speculation I am hearing is that Comcast is going after WOW after managing a settlement with Netflix. All I know is that it is interfering severely with our Saturday and Sunday night raids.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:04 am

Mr Bill wrote:
Speculation I am hearing is that Comcast is going after WOW after managing a settlement with Netflix. All I know is that it is interfering severely with our Saturday and Sunday night raids.

You know that whole Netflix deal is going to bite everyone in the @$$ and I bet the next in line will be the big game distributing houses which will trickle on to the dev houses. However, if I remember correctly that all video game traffic on the net is less than 10% that's for PC and consoles. I gotta find that article. The most was streaming and in second was torrent activity and in third was FTP activity.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Re:

Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Captain AMD wrote:
Matrix has potential. Although they are calling it beta it's more like Alpha, it's a long way off still.

WoW is quite good. But if your an experienced MMORPG player it will hold your interest for a while. It's a rush creating and playing a new character but as you get higher up in levels it's the same old crap. It's still a rush to see how much crap you can get so you can show off your E-Penis to all the other players out there. It rewards the nimrods who play 5-6 hours a day (Sorry if you are such a person) Greed still rules.

What I suggest is finding a group of regular people to play with, dont play those characters unless you are together. (Much like D&D people do it) That way the game still remains fun and your not caught up in rushing to aquire power. But then again, some people find that fun so YMMV.

Thought I would go back and look at the beginning of this thread. This post has turned out to be true in the endgame. Ya find group of fun people to raid with a couple or a few times a week. Some tunes in my raid team thought they wanted more hard core raiding. They left for other guilds, other servers. But in the end it turns out to be more fun with a group that can joke around. So, they come back. One of my WOW friends is an old D&D friend; good times.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:32 pm

I decided to pre-buy the myths of Draynor expansion for $50 and take advantage of the bundled instant 90 upgrade. I have a second DK which I rolled so I could have a enchants/inscription tune. I dinged him to 60 (necessary if you want two professions inta-boosted) and then bought the expansion, you get...
A set of embersilk bags
Flying but not fast flying
600 first aid (don't know if this is just DK) and no trainer costs
600 enchanting but must go to trainer and pay for training
600 inscription but must go to trainer an pay for training
A decent set of 483 gear for your chosen spec, I choose blood spec for survivability
You materialize outside of Two Moons with empty bags
All your previous gear arrives in the mail

Note that while the professions are insta-dinged to 600, you still have to pay the trainer to get each spell (except first-aid which apparently requires no training because I made the top bandages immediately). I am a completest, so this ran me about 3000 gold. Glyphs and chants that drop for 90's in the timeless expansion are not included but they are dropping frequently. I had saved a pile of timeless plate, cloaks, necks, and trinkets which I sent to this tune and within short order was able to get my frost spec and blood to ~497. I used both the dps and tank trinket for both specs, since the tank trinket was mastery. This was on a monday night so I ran ordos and celestials and got my warforged tokens that night. Tuesday I ran ordos and celestials again and got a warforged belt and gloves. I dual used those items for both specs and got my blood spec to 501 and my frost spec to 506. I only had two timeless rings, which I used on the frost spec. I went and got the guaranteed burden of eternity and bumped up the boots since those or shoulders are the most rare drops for me.

Then I disencanted all the unused timeless plate for 30 sha crystals. I had been wondering why sha crystals were getting so cheap, now I know. I also disenchanted about 200+ greens and with a modest purchase of pigments, completed all my inscription buff and enchants with plenty left over. I wonder if I would have done better to go with the DPS spec for the boost, whether they would have given me two 483 weapons for DW or just a single 483 2H. At any rate the blood spec is quite survivable if a little slow to whittle down the mob. Frost is ~70-100K, so not too awful considering. I initially set him up with the crit gems and reforges for 2H Frost. But when the gloves and belt dropped, I decided to regem for mastery as if the DK were DW Frost so I could have the mastery for the blood spec. I think the buffed mastery is 147 unbuffed (178% buffed) in blood, not bad. It hurts the Frost DPS quite a bit but weapons will drop soon.

So, now going to start running LFR, Flex, and Heroic Scenarios (with a couple geared guildies), to get any weapon drop at all.

PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:20 pm

I almost understand this. ESO is good for something.
Fuji X-E1 Leica Elmar 135 4 XF60mm 2.4 Macro | Zeiss FE 35mm 2.8
http://carnagepro.com
"Everything ... they eat everything, and fear is their bacon bits."

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Isle of Conquest BG week makes pandas sad (well Horde ones anyway). I wonder if anyone wrote lengthy analysis on why Horde is so terrible at the 40v40 BG's.

I think it started that way and now it's self-selecting. Geared players on Horde side blacklist these 2 BG's, and geared Alliance are drawn to them because they know it's 90%+ win rate for Alliance.

I try Isle of Conquest maybe once every few months just to see if anything is different. Often, Alliance controls 16 or more of the top 20 damage spots.

I would say no other random BG has a below 50% loss rate for Horde other than AV and IoC. My personal BG stats back that up, though I have noticed bugs in the in-game stats as well.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Well we are finally progressing as a guild again after some terrible losses of players over the last 6 months. Finally got past the nazgrim wall and on our way forward. Considering we lost at least 8-10 people we were raiding with over this period, I am pleased were are past where we got stuck, and now are moving forward to the last few bosses. It really sucks when you loose a lot of people and have to start over from scratch with new people, just getting everyone on the same page with us took a while. Now we are also running 3 rogues....down from me being the only melee. I look forward to thok..... :o

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:06 am

Our Solemn on Galakrond raid team made it to Garrosh last week and on Monday after 21 pulls hand him down to as low as 20% in the third phase but then we were wiping. This week we one shotted all the way to Nazgrim on Saturday and then spent all Sunday failing on Malkorok which we had earlier gotten past with no problem. We have been two healing the whole way. But a tank and a dps could not make it and we pugged two guys, the guild founder and another early guild member. After a few wipes a healer quit. It all went down-hill from there. It just shows how a group that has gelled can do great. But pug a couple people and its a wipe fest. We are going to try again tonight. Some of the raid team are wondering if Blizz made changes to Malkorok. But I think its just group dynamics.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:12 am

Starfalcon wrote:
Well we are finally progressing as a guild again after some terrible losses of players over the last 6 months. Finally got past the nazgrim wall and on our way forward. Considering we lost at least 8-10 people we were raiding with over this period, I am pleased were are past where we got stuck, and now are moving forward to the last few bosses. It really sucks when you loose a lot of people and have to start over from scratch with new people, just getting everyone on the same page with us took a while. Now we are also running 3 rogues....down from me being the only melee. I look forward to thok..... :o
I think you will do fine on Thok. All the wags try to weight that as a ranged fight. But well geared melee can burst enough dps to take care of Thok in the short windows available. It helps that our team has a very well geared DK tank and a very haste heavy Pally tank. That Pally tank does insane retribution damage. I usually run my DK in that fight because of his armor but I've substituted my rogue and his better movement and high burst dps he does fine. Its just harder to sustain high dps in a movement fight with more than a couple targets. My team usually lets me bring in my rogue for Nazgrim and he ends up staying mostly on the boss because his dps suffers running around doing the adds. Probably that's because I run subtlety and its hard to sustain a good rotation with all the retargeting.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Mon May 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Huzzah! We got 14 of 14 Saturday Night!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... t/advanced

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:45 pm

We got Heroic Norushen down Sunday night. All in all, not too bad. Mechanics are the same just hurts more. On the other hand Heroic Immerseus was too much for us; the extra adds are just insane. We are going to try Heroic Fallen Protectors this weekend.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Well we are now working on the fun that is blackfuse, we had to do a couple runs to get some more gear for our undergeared players. Hopefully we will get over the last few bosses and have the fun that is heroics soon.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:45 pm

We got heroic Norushen again for the third week, but heroic Protectors is too much for our healers so far. Heroic Galakras is a dps check we could not get past this week, just like it was for normal. Got a lucky coin roll on normal Malkorok for my DK and got the warforged 'vial of living corruption'.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:53 pm

Did heroic norushen again this week and gave up trying heroic galakras. We just don't have the sustained dps to get the waves of adds down. We took a lockout from a visiting raid member and did Garrosh a second time on normal in two pulls. First time for me on my rogue. Its amazing how much quicker a rogue is in combat compared to a DK. Blizz does a good job of making small differences in movement rate seem like a lot in melee. My rogue got the heirloom dagger drop! Yee haw!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... g/advanced

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Well we finally got past blackfuse this week, then we had like 10 mins left so decided to try paragons just to see the fight without anyone having done it before. We managed to get the last one down to 10% and hit enrage...so looks like this week they are going down and then its on to garry. Then ts fun with heroics time...I hope