Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

unreal
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Office 2013 HELP install

Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:46 pm

I have been trying to install the Office 2013 Home&Business on a brand new computer (Windows 7) out of the box with no success. i have the product key and an account to download the install file. but when I start the install I get the message:
"can't install. Do you have internet connection? Do you have enough space on the drive?"

The answer is YES.

Than I get a second message:
"can't install. A beta version of office found and needs to be removed"

But after I remove it and try to re-install again I get the first message. This is like catch 22.

I got to the point I formatted the drive and re-installed Windows 7 but still can't install the Office 2013 suite. I keep getting the same two messages.

Can some one please help.
Thanks
Use your password like your toothbrush, don't let anyone else use it and change it every six months.

LongtimeLurker
Gerbil

Re: Office 2013 HELP install

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:13 pm

You say "Brand new computer".

I'm guessing that there's a beta/trial install of Office 2013 put in by the manufacturer. Dell/HP et al commonly do this.

Can you give us more details about the machine? Is it a branded box, or something you built yourself? And when you reinstalled Win 7, did you use the discs provided by Microsoft, or the "Restore" discs provided by Dell etc?

LongtimeLurker
Gerbil

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Also, check out this link

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/offi ... 5843d8a9c4

There are a few different solutions listed, but perhaps it makes sense to call Microsoft.

Flatland_Spider
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Try running the Fixit in Longtimelurker's link. Also try downloading the installer from https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/.

unreal
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:58 pm

LongtimeLurker wrote:
You say "Brand new computer".

I'm guessing that there's a beta/trial install of Office 2013 put in by the manufacturer. Dell/HP et al commonly do this.

Can you give us more details about the machine? Is it a branded box, or something you built yourself? And when you reinstalled Win 7, did you use the discs provided by Microsoft, or the "Restore" discs provided by Dell etc?

It's a dell optiplex 3020. And yes I used the "restore" Win7 CD that came with it.
Use your password like your toothbrush, don't let anyone else use it and change it every six months.

unreal
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:59 pm

LongtimeLurker wrote:
Also, check out this link

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/offi ... 5843d8a9c4

There are a few different solutions listed, but perhaps it makes sense to call Microsoft.

This didn't work. Once I used the "fix it" tool and tried to install office I got the same message about Internet connection and hard drive space.

I also removed the trial version that came originally with the computer.

Flatland_Spider
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:36 pm

There is probably some registry key that was left behind then.

unreal
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Flatland_Spider wrote:
There is probably some registry key that was left behind then.

I deleted the registry via "regedit" > click-to-run and still the install keep giving me the message "can't install..."