Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Gandolf
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Kernel-Power error 41, need help

Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Ok so recently I had to re install windows 8 because after a blue screen it would not restore windows and it was no longer bootable, and system restore nor anything else worked.

Not have about 2 weeks I got my second blue screen. Both from a kernel-power error event ID 41.
When I go into event viewer the only critical errors I have a kernel power errors. About one a day for the past 7 days.
Reading on another site I was told that someone found an issue with amd video cards installing multiple audio drivers and disabling them fixed the issue.
I went to playback devices and I have 6 amd audio adapters listed. Seems crazy. I disabled them all.

Could that have been the issue? If not what else could be causing this?

system specs
i5 2500k
asrock extreme 4
16gb corsair ddr3 memory
gigabyte hd7950
samsung 830 ssd
and WD Black HDD

CB5000
Gerbil XP

Re: Kernel-Power error 41, need help

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 pm

The AMD HDMI audio drivers have caused problems for me in the past, so it could be that.

Otherwise make sure everything is running stable, and test with prime95, memtest, etc.

Also make sure to stress test for at least an hour with prime95 set to use at least 75% of your memory by using custom settings, and run furmark at the same time. If your computer is running stable with adequate cooling, it should be able to handle that for at least an hour.

Gandolf
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:26 pm

I wanted to throw out there that I ran memtest for 8 hours without any issue.

Gandolf
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:18 am

Anyone have any idea why AMD has 6 audio devices listed? And if that could even cause the problem I am having.