Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: What are you playing right now?

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Ohhh geez, dare I say..

Planetside 2 - Vanu on Connery
Arma 3 (from time to time, Altis Life servers, ect)
KSP (Kerbal Space Program) - very rarely anymore
Killing Floor - Lots of fun to just blow things up!
Star Citizen - I know... its not out yet, but buying ships counts as a game alright. Currently have a 315p, 325a and an RSI Constellation.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

1600x | Strix B350-F | CM 240 Lite | 16GB 3200 | RX 580 8GB | 970 EVO | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X 850 | Corsair M95 / K90 | Sennheiser PC37x

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:59 am

Well in the last 3 weeks I've seen the ending credits on Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Assasin's Creed 4 Black Flag, and the AC4 Freedom Cry expansion. I'm not really a completionist but I did go back to the Jackdaw to do the naval contracts and assassination contracts. I didn't really want to go back to TR to just find weapon parts and whatever, but the story was fun. But now I'm pretty much done with both of those, and I have about two weeks until inFamous Second Son comes out on the 21st. Time to go back and finish some of those Playstation Plus games-of-the-month on PS3 that I started and never finished, like Bioshock Infinite or Metro Last Light. Since I'm skipping the PS3 version of MLB The Show 14 on April 1, I've got plenty of time for those two plus Second Son until the PS4 version comes out.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:41 am

Well, I started playing Diablo 3 again with then new exp coming out soon and with the AH going away I figured I should get some cash while I still can. Have to say so far game plays a heck of a lot better than it did a year and a half ago. I died a ton on regular and struggled to get loot for my toons. Now normal is very easy and fun blowing mobs up along with getting powerful gear. Other settings are much harder, but once I am better geared and higher level Ill give it a try. Be sure to check it out, as I wasn't sure if I was going to play it ever again after all the bad experiences I had with it back then, but it is a whole different game now.

gigafinger
Gerbil

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 am

Dark Souls
Jets'n'Guns
NFS: Hot Pursuit

yogibbear
Gerbil Elite

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:39 am

South Park: The STICK OF TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Core i7 4770K | eVGA GTX1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | 16GB DDR3 2133mhz | Asus Z87-PLUS | Corsair HX650 | Fractal Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Windows 10 x64

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:44 am

Introducing my 4-year-old daughter to Super Mario Bros. by way of SM All-Stars on my old SNES. She was pretty stoked when she got through World 1-1 last night after a number of false starts... but good persistence. :D
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:40 am

Due to Starfalcon and another friend encouraging me, I am back to D3. Looks so much better now that the AH is going away. Drops are better, crafting, the paragon system is very interesting.

I like to pretend I consider not buying the next Blizzard game, but that's nonsense, at least in the last 8 years. So I'll be pre-ordering the D3 expansion.

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:48 am

Well mark someone else jumping back into D3. Loot was the major thing that kept me from enjoying it the first time around, so much that I stopped after Act II. Now that virtually everything that drops can be used by the toon that farmed it (and that I can salvage everything to craft new gear), things are moving along much more smoothly.

I don't know if I'll pick up the expansion. I got D3 for free with the WoW Annual Pass, so I don't feel invested in it.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

The Egg

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:07 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
Due to Starfalcon and another friend encouraging me, I am back to D3. Looks so much better now that the AH is going away. Drops are better, crafting, the paragon system is very interesting.

I like to pretend I consider not buying the next Blizzard game, but that's nonsense, at least in the last 8 years. So I'll be pre-ordering the D3 expansion.

Yeah, I played about an hour of D3 just to see what the new patch is all about. Definitely better drops.

Because I played D3, I actually decided to give Starcraft II an honest shot. Even though the gameplay and interface is archaic and dated, I'm still having a bit of fun. Don't know that I'll be buying any expansions yet, but yeah.

anotherengineer
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:51 am

ACAD 2013 Mechanical !!!!!!!!!!!!
Life doesn't change after marriage, it changes after children!

LostCat

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:04 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
Well in the last 3 weeks I've seen the ending credits on Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Assasin's Creed 4 Black Flag, and the AC4 Freedom Cry expansion.

I'm still trying to finish AC3 (the boring one :lol: )
Meow.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Black Flag was my first AC game. I feel like I'm not missing out on anything, really. The modern-day stuff has almost no impact on the main game. Some goofy "hacking" mini-games to play and dull fetch quests to run, but that's it. But sailing the seas - that's awesome. If you find AC3 boring, just skip ahead. I got AssBro for cheap and fired it up for an hour or so - I can't get past all the weird fake Italian accents. Suffice it to say I'm not going to go much farther in that one.

bthylafh wrote:
Introducing my 4-year-old daughter to Super Mario Bros. by way of SM All-Stars on my old SNES. She was pretty stoked when she got through World 1-1 last night after a number of false starts... but good persistence. :D

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago with my 5-year-old daughter and Sonic 2. After about 20 minutes of fumbling around, she beat the first boss without any help from me, and then got lost in the Chemical Plant zone. Going to the left is apparently as counter-intuitive to her as it is to me.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

LostCat

Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
If you find AC3 boring, just skip ahead.

I really don't have much else I feel like playing anymore.

AC3, Arkham Origins, State of Decay: Breakdown are on top of my list

Injustice, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue or Kickbeat occasionally

Warframe or Neverwinter once in a while

Even those, though...I just don't care right now. And I've been through every AC game so I'm not skipping ahead. It just takes me a while to get to the next game sometimes...been off by one ever since the third game came out (Assassins Creed 2p2? haha)

I'm excited about Titanfall, Burial at Sea ep2...probably Thief with the TrueAudio/Mantle patch I dunno. Was never into the Thief series that much but like the current developers.
Meow.

PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:00 pm

My son has just been working pretty steady, for quite a few years, building up his business. He used to play lots, both SP, HL etc, and Deathmatch in HL, Q2 and Q3 but has been too busy till now to play.

I managed to get him playing Elder Scrolls Online, had a spare beta key, and he is really enjoying it. We took down a good sized boss together, a first for sure. Got himself a GTX 750 Ti and it's rocking his 1080p TV quite nicely. Gave him access to my rather large games library on Steam Family Plan and he is having fun.

Showed him how the throwing knives work and how the double shotty works in Metro 2033 and now he should clear, that kinda intro room, pretty quick. ;)
Fuji X-E1 Leica Elmar 135 4 XF60mm 2.4 Macro | Zeiss FE 35mm 2.8
http://carnagepro.com
"Everything ... they eat everything, and fear is their bacon bits."

Deanjo
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 pm

kaiser

Hsldn
Gerbil

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:23 pm

Far Cry 3 :lol:
A bit late to the game, but it's awesome.Next stop will be Witcher 2.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:02 am

Diablo III, 2.0 and its an all new game and fresh and OMG are the lewt drops so good. Better than what was on the AH.

also trying to finish powering through Skyrim, I'm on the last XPac now.

Still playing BF4 and WoW too.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:14 am

Between the better loot and the simplified toughness/damage/healing indicators, my wife has really been into D3 since 2.0 dropped. I played some with her and I'm getting drops that were better than items I dropped 50M+ for on the AH. I'm caught between annoyed and happy - happy to have even better stuff, annoyed because I dropped so much cash in the AH on my 60 Barbarian.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:53 am

Yeah same here. In fact I'm more annoyed that 2.0 is what should have been D3 at release. I just dont understand what changed to make Blizzard to come to this point. I cant stress how its a completely different game now, in fact its so much of a drastic change that its forcing me to possibly ditch characters and just start over.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

southrncomfortjm
Gerbil Elite

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Titanfall (go away haters)
Guild Wars 2 (Staff Ele AOE face melter in WvW)
Some Diablo 3 (Haven't tried it since big patch)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Actually just did some reading up on the D3 2.0 patch and it really does sound amazing. The loot changes are awesome of course, but I think the changes to the difficulty is what will get me to play more. Normal was just too easy and only really got exciting when a large group of enemies was thrown at me, and that didn't happen very often. Always felt like I was hacking through 5-6 really easy enemies at a time. Now, I can crank up the difficulty and see how I do.
Gaming: i5-3570k/Z77/212 Evo/Corsair 500R/16GB 1600 CL8/RX 480 8GB/840 250gb, EVO 500gb, SG 3tb/Tachyon 650w/Win10

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:26 pm

I've found myself obsessed with pinball lately. I've been playing some Pinball FX2 and a lot of Pinball Arcade, which bores the hell out of my kid.
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm replaying some Path of Exile, they reset the leagues on 5th March and dumped a whole load of new content into it.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

LostCat

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:53 pm

southrncomfortjm wrote:
Titanfall (go away haters)
Guild Wars 2 (Staff Ele AOE face melter in WvW)
Some Diablo 3 (Haven't tried it since big patch)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Actually just did some reading up on the D3 2.0 patch and it really does sound amazing. The loot changes are awesome of course, but I think the changes to the difficulty is what will get me to play more. Normal was just too easy and only really got exciting when a large group of enemies was thrown at me, and that didn't happen very often. Always felt like I was hacking through 5-6 really easy enemies at a time. Now, I can crank up the difficulty and see how I do.

Blacklist is fun...but trying to do some of those optional missions is :evil:
Meow.

anubis44
Gerbil

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Company of Heroes 2

May try Diablo III 2.0 pretty soon, too.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@4GHz, Zalman LQ-320, Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero, 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3600MHz, Gigabyte R9 290 (1050MHz core w/bios flash), Cooler Master Storm Stryker (white)

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 am

Playing Hearthstone...really enjoyable and reminds me a lot of Magic: The Gathering.

drfish
Gerbil Elder

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:42 am

Infested Planet. OMG... It's basically flawless if you like that sort of thing.

Walkintarget
Gerbil Team Leader

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 am

Took a break from my Company of Heroes 2 addiction (currently at level 92 on the grind to 100) and went back to an old classic, Dungeon Siege 2 and the expansion pack Broken World. I never got into the hardcore RPGs like Baldurs Gate or Diablo, but found Dungeon Siege to be a great starter RPG for the person just being intro'd to the genre.

I always liked exploring with different class builds in DS2, but always fall back to my combat mage just because I like to torch stuff :D I could go for 4-5 years on DS2, PvZ, CoH 1 and CoH2. In fact, CoH2 was the last 'new' game I bought since CS:GO. I have no interest in MP games anymore, so I play my classic SP games and can play when time allows (which is the biggest problem these days with 2 kids both into after school sports).
AMD Ryzen R5 2600x, Asus Prime x470 Pro, Sapphire Nitro Fury 4GB, HP EX920 512GB NVMe SSD, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, 4TB WD Red HDD, Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Ed, Win 10 Pro

khands
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Steamworld Dig
Bravely Default
Guacamelee
Settlers of Catan

Some other stuff I can't remember right now.
X __________________________

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:30 pm

Finally, that system-exclusive that makes a next-gen console worth the purchase is here. I've been devouring inFamous: Second Son since Friday. I thought I had it beat earlier this afternoon but that was premature, and assuming there's a post-game, I've got plenty to do yet (not to mention play through it again for the alternate ending). It is AWESOME. The only criticism I have is that the guy they got to do the voice of Delsin (Troy Baker) is the voice of Valvatorez from Disgaea 4, which is my least-favorite Disgaea game. If you haven't played Disgaea 4, he's also the voice of Booker DeWitt in Bioshock Infinite, and his presence damn near ruined that game for me, too, for the same reason.

Anyway, inFamous: Second Son is really, really great. 1080p, and for the most part a solid (I'm thinking) 60fps. Framerate dips when a ton of crazy lighting effects are going on, but it's fun, it looks cool, the story is interesting, combat is really solid, the powers are varied and fun, and oh yeah you're a freaking superhero. Or supervillain if you prefer that. I'll probably do with this what I did with the first and get the platinum trophy. I'll just play it and play it, I'm sure.

Voldenuit

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:28 pm

Papers, Please.

Never has dystopian soul-crushing bureaucracy been so much fun!
Wind, Sand and Stars.