Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

When DRM runs amok

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:40 am

As much I hate the Keurig this has got to be the most ludicrous thing ever.

I also have to appreciate the little-machine-that-could. It's a neat device. But it makes poor coffee IMHO when compared to the almighty Aeropress.

Something I did not know was that the Green Mountain coffee that the Keurig is usually bundled with is the parent company. That's right, the coffee producer created a machine just so it could peddle its coffee. Brilliant! Who knew? I always figured Keurig was the parent company, wow was I wrong.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: When DRM runs amok

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:13 am

I suppose this is technologically feasible (RFID tags are cheap), but just because something is possible does not mean it is a good thing. If I was a coffee drinker I would be boycotting them over this.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:57 am

Green Mountain was a coffee company long before they got into the Keurig business. GMCR bought Keurig several years ago and has focused almost all of its efforts into Keurig-branded products since. The attempt to Lexmark the coffee pods is not playing well here at home.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:06 am

I never heard of Green Mountain Coffee before the first ubiquitous Keurig was offered. Reading on the 'pedia they started in '81 and went public in '93. As of this month they have officially changed their name to Keurig Green Mountain.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!