Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Custom OMEGA NV and AMD/ATI drivers thoughts

Fri May 16, 2014 6:57 am

Has anyone here ever used the custom OMEGA drivers I used to use with my 9800, 9800pro and x800xt cards. I recall them being very good and also available for Nvidia cards as well since I used one of those custom drivers on my Nvidia ti500 cards.

I have not messed with them in years but I just did a quick GOOGLE and I found them again, I though for sure they were long dead.

Well anyone with AMD or NV wanting to give them a try I figured I would post it here since Some of you might want to give them a try and see if you get frame rate increases, improved picture quality..who know...all I know is way back in 2006 they worked great compared to factory drivers.

Just to be safe I would make a Restore point just in case you wanna flush them like any other experimental driver/program

http://www.omegadrivers.net/
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system

Arvald
Gerbil Elite

Re: Custom OMEGA NV and AMD/ATI drivers thoughts

Fri May 16, 2014 7:01 am

I just did a browse of the site and everything on there I saw was a couple years old (his personal system specs were dated 2009)... so unless you have an older card that is no longer under manufacturer support then why bother?

Yeats
Gerbil XP

Fri May 16, 2014 10:53 am

Bumping this, just to thwart the spammer posting in the forums.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri May 16, 2014 2:30 pm

This site has been abandoned long time ago, for certain reasons (you can read about it at the site itself)... Angel doesn't do anything there anymore except automated posting of "company xxx released new official drivers". Back in time his "optimizations" (the removal of bloated GUI elements and addition of some extra user-adjustable settings) to Ati's drivers were a positive thing (because Ati had the really horrible and inept software developers for many, many years) but over the years Ati has improved their package to the point of these "optimizations" not being necessary anymore. So yea, unless you still have some really old Ati card there's no use for this site anymore.
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people