Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Sikthskies
Gerbil Elite

Re: Formula 1 2014

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

My friend went to the Malaysian GP and said they're still damn loud

You also hear a lot of other stuff going on like turbo's and whistles and energy harvesting and early turbo spooling

It's what we've got. The racing is great and will only improve as the gap between the fastest and slowest inevitably diminishes

What a superb battle between Hamilton and Rosberg. That is really classic wheel to wheel racing
Q6600|Asus P5b Deluxe|Corsair VX550|4gb Cell Shock 6400|4890|320gb Seagate|Zalman 9700|2407WFP

killadark
Gerbil XP

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:59 pm

WHAT A CANADIAN GP
OMG down till the last lap only if perez had not held back the redbull's they would had 1,2
but oh well it was a great race really sad that massa and perez had a crash almost took vettel out there also at the last lap

well worth the watch

well managed to record the crash at the last lap
http://youtu.be/03ZfgJJTMxQ
AMD FX-8350|Asus M5A97 LE R2.0|16gb GSKILL Sniper 2400mhz|Samsung SSD 120g 840|AMD R9 290 TRI-X (dead) GTX1070
Corsair RM650x,Thermaltake Xaser vi ,Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card

Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Topic Author

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Was shuffling through the standings just now and saw a familiar name, Victorious Secret. Those who play in other TR leagues know this is Mrs. Fro_Bozz.

Is that really you? If so, you can still join the TR mini-league.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
Was shuffling through the standings just now and saw a familiar name, Victorious Secret. Those who play in other TR leagues know this is Mrs. Fro_Bozz.

Is that really you? If so, you can still join the TR mini-league.

You may need to PM Fro_bozz and the Mrs to catch their attention?
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

CasbahBoy
Gerbil

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:53 pm

I was there in grandstand 33 for the Canadian GP (Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday!)

Watcher for 3 or 4 years, first time seeing any of it in person. What a wild experience.
"We demand rigidly defined values of doubt and uncertainty!"

arunphilip
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:51 am

So, this thread has been quiet since the Canadian GP... but wasn't yesterday's Hungarian GP a cracker?

While it is said that overtaking is hard on the Hungaroring, it also led to some stunning passes that drivers had to fight for, instead of the boring slipstream-DRS-KERS overtakes.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:33 am

It sure was.
Hamilton looked like he was going to finish first until they told him to finish the race on the wrong old tyres, that would have been something to see.

The combination of greasy track, Vettel's 360 and Alonso holding everyone up for the last half made it an edge-of-seat event.
Well, it would have been if I wasn't constantly going out to get more meat off the BBQ ;)
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

notfred
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:09 pm

So why did Bernie hold a meeting with the team principals to discuss what needed changing to make F1 better? This season has had some of the best battles on the track for many years. I love the new style F1. Yes, the Mercs are 1.6s a lap faster than everyone else, but they fight between themselves and the rest fight amongst themselves. Awsome racing up and down the grid. Don't mess around with stupid things like stationary restarts after a safety car, double points and all that malarkey, just give me some good close racing!

The only things that need improving are:
1) Bernie stopping the cash grab so that the ticket prices are cheaper.
2) Making more of F1 available on the Internet.
3) Less regional locking of broadcasters. I'm in Canada, I'd like to give Sky money for a subscription to the F1 feed but Bernie won't let them take it. :evil:

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:20 pm

I think F1 would be better without Bernie. He's made some great changes over the years in terms of regulations and safety but he's also ruining the sport with the television rights blackmail and the ticketing.
F1 is becoming like the European football leagues. Ridonculously overpaid players on teams run by playboy billionaires that see loyal fans as piggy banks to be financially squeezed dry.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

arunphilip
Gerbil Team Leader

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:41 am

notfred wrote:
2) Making more of F1 available on the Internet. Less regional locking of broadcasters. I'm in Canada, I'd like to give Sky money for a subscription to the F1 feed but Bernie won't let them take it.

^ This. In India, Star Sports buys the F1 feed from Sky, but that covers only the quali and race proper. No pre/post race, and definitely no Ted's notebook. I'd love to have access to the on-boards and other value-adds that Sky offers, but I can't!
While it might be claimed that F1 is the pinnacle of automotive technology, it definitely is not pushing the internet boundaries!

notfred
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:09 am

Bernie just paid $100 million to make the court case charging him with bribery vanish. Apparently this is legal in Germany and not called bribing the court. :evil:

Best comment I've seen on this:
If you threw that guy into a snakepit, he’d come up wearing snakeskin shoes.

thill9
Gerbil First Class

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:59 am

Hmmm... the same amount of money that McLaren paid the FIA after spygate.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 am

These are the obnoxiously rich to whom law does not apply; they buy their way out of everything.

Your TV cable subscription, your ticket purchases, your F1 merchandise purchases just paid for that dirty old scumbag's freedom.

thill9
Gerbil First Class

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Woot!! I won the F1 mini league this year, and finished 64th overall! (if anyone is paying attention) Even ahead of last year's overall champion. I thought the driver lineup was pretty obvious considering the preseason forms were an accurate indicator to the season performance. If I had only jumped off the Force India bandwagon a little earlier in the season...

Now we'll have to wait for pre season testing to see what Honda and McLaren has been up to.

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:41 pm

I had no time to change the drivers, so I guess I deserved the bottom. :oops:
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Topic Author

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Mid-pack in both raw and adjusted for our little group.

Anyone who believes Nico Rosberg's ERS "broke down" can pass me the dutchie. Whoever Lewis might have complained to, he made it so.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.