Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

ordskiweicz
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Borderlands 2 DLC befuddlement

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 am

Hello Gerbils. I enjoy BL2 and bought some DLC on the Steam sale. When I Iog on and start BL2, I see notices that I have purchased DLC that is not installed. There seems to be no way for the end user to control the downloads and installation I can see. (I do get that there are so many variants I may be missing one but I tried to buy the mega packs to avoid this.)

This familiar to anyone? Any solutions?

(Weird to pay thru Steam and then have it no show in life.)

Thanks.

Arvald
Gerbil Elite

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC befuddlement

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:39 pm

A quick Google turned up a steam support page
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -UIBN-0311

nanoflower
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:23 pm

I think they get downloaded automatically but if they didn't you can go to your game library and force the download of any games and DLC.

d0g_p00p
Gerbil

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:47 pm

The DLC add-ons will be downloaded through the Borderlands exe. You can check the properties though steam (DLC tab, duh) and see if they have been installed. You can also check with the menu in BL2 start screen

ordskiweicz
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks - these are reasonable suggestions - most already tried.

Under the BL2 DLC tab all my DLC is listed as installed - but several do not show as installed on the BL2 start menu. I can't access them.

For example, I show as capped at level 50 when I have both Ultimate VH DLCs purchased (and installed according to Steam but not seen by the game!) The idea was to add the next 22 levels - but they don't access.

Neutronbeam
Gerbil XP

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:48 pm

The easiest way to confirm installed DLC is--while IN the game--check the fast travel system for new locations. So if the "Badass Crater of Badassitude" shows up as a location then Mr. Torgue's DLC has been installed. Same as "Hunter's Lodge" for Sir Hammerlock's first DLC or "Oasis" for Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty. So the fast travel system shows NO new locations after purchasing the related DLC--none at all?

Also, hit me (and maybe Nanoflower)up for a game sometime.
"the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die." -- Senator Ted Kennedy, 1980 Democratic National Convention speech