Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Steel, notfred

Toyotamr2_86NA
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Akill in mIRC [exp/ma]

Sat May 04, 2002 2:33 am

This is more of an Internet problem than networking, but hell, the internet is just one big network anyway right.........in any case, I have been using IRC for years now. Well, one day I tried to log on like normal and it gives me this Akill for [exp/ma] B.S. Followed by instructions on how to fix it.

The instructions say this exactly:
"-tiscali.uk.eu.dal.net- *** Autokilled for [exp/ma] The ident you are using is commonly used by exploited mass advertising hosts. For instructions on changing your ident go to http://kline.dal.net/exploits/ [AKILL ID:995114351K-a] (2002/05/03 15.00)"

So I went to the web page, it said this Type of Akill is often caused by trojan viruses, and that I needed to download this software to find and fix it. So I did, it found nothing. Since then I have; for other reasons; re-partitioned and re-formatted my hard drive. THen re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP. It still says the same thing(I figured it would).

It also says to email [email protected] for more information. So I did. And no response for, going on 2 weeks now. Does anyone have any idea why this happend or how I can fix it?

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated......

Toyotamr2_86NA
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Sat May 04, 2002 4:46 pm

Ok lets everyone not respond all at once now ok........come on people I know someone out there has to be able to help me out.....

:roll:

sc0rch
Gerbil In Training

Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am

I've had that problem before and I don't know if I would be of any help... I just changed things like the name and email on options->connect category. I also did the same on the Identd category plus checking and unchecking the tick boxes on Enable Identd etc.. Finally, be sure when connecting to enable Identd server and Show Ident requests because some IRC networks require them.. Well, it worked for me and you might wanna try... :wink: