Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Strabo
Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2002 11:38 am

Apple gets my vote. The problem with Mac zealots is that they're usually too stupid to even consider another point of view.

<p>Even Linux zealots are usually intelligent enough to admit that at least there are <i>some</i> good things about the various Windows OSes. AMD and Intel zealots are usually just interested in performance, and will switch with the tide. MS zealots are usually intelligent enough to recognize the good aspects of their competition too. <p>So, again, Apple gets my vote for the most virulent and insidious fanboys.

Bruce
Gerbil Elite

Tue Jan 15, 2002 11:56 am

Hi,

I've got a funny Intel bigot here at work - wouldn't run anything other than Intel, Intel only do SMP properly, rant, rant, rant. I then pointed out that the PowerEdge and Proliant servers that we have run ServerWorks chipsets and he went quiet. :grin:

Bruce

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bruce on 2002-01-15 10:57 ]</font>

Thresher
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Jan 16, 2002 3:16 pm

While I have my preferences, there are no products to which I am so loyal that I will not even consider another brand. That just makes no sense.

But just try to explain that to an Apple/AMD/Nvidia/Linux fanboy and you will truly understand the word "frustration".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thresher on 2002-01-16 14:16 ]</font>

resteves2
Gerbil

Sat Jan 19, 2002 2:49 pm

Actually, the majority of Mac-users I know, also work/use Window machines. So, in general, the mac users tend to realize the strengths/weaknesses of both platforms. A friend of mine teaches at a small college, and is the head of the tech/computer department. From her experience, the MS-zealots are the worst. Since MS covers all the bases. (consumerOS, serverOS, various software, etc.) many MS lovers have little knowledge of other platforms. It is pretty impossible for a Mac/linux/sun lover to be the same way.

And, I have found that the worst Apple zealots, are those that the Apple-bashers tell others about. I have really yet to see one as bad as the stories.

Oh, and I also know some pretty damn knowledgable Mac-users.

J5
Gerbil First Class

Sat Jan 19, 2002 3:15 pm

I just gotta say it's the Linux lackies. Maybe I'm a tad bit bias because my uncle likes macs and once in a while I'm actually impressed. I know, what is wrong with me?? I'm just tired of hearing some of my "Linux" friends who think it is gods greatest creation. I hate to say it but its not like Linux is bug free or a "secure" os. I think my friends just get so worked up in it I wanna smack them!