Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

What all does a barebones SFF system come with

Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:05 pm

I'm reading on newegg about the barebones amd systems, mainly from biostar, and im not really clear on what all it comes with.

Can you guys tell me? Atleast in general, i see i get the case, but what else? I don't know what else to buy. thanks!

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:11 pm

Comes w/case and mobo...u furnish the rest. U pick the chipset...

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:17 pm

wait, it comes with the motherboard and i pick from a list of chipsets available for that motherbaord correct?

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:48 pm

There is a few reviews of the shuttles here on TR...heres one..i suggest you read thru the rest :wink:

http://techreport.com/reviews/2003q3/sh ... dex.x?pg=1

mstrmold
Gerbil XP

Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:24 pm

Hey Pete.

You pick what platform you want to run (AMD or Intel), then the chipset and go from there.

Most SFF based systems include the following: Case, Power Supply, Heatsink and fan (or, an ICE Heatpipe for Shuttle based product), drivers for the motherboard, Floppy, ATA or/and SERIAL ATA (if equipped) cables, an exhaust fan which typically is a 60mm variety,power supply cable, and of course the manual for the motherboard included. Guys help me out if I've missed anything.

Your responsible for the CPU, Memory, Drives (Optical, HDD, FD?) and in most cases, a video card though some SFF's come with embedded video solutions, they thankfully have an AGP port. Sound, LAN, Firewire, USB 2.0 and sometimes Wireless are all included.

That should about do it. Hope it helps,

-E