Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

b3n113
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Home Theater ATX cases? Or am I dreaming..

Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:45 am

I was wondering if any one had seen or heard of a case manufacture producing a aluminum desktop or rack mountable case? ( preferably black "anodized" coloring )

I'm asking because I've looked at what Lain-Li, Cooler Master , and Enermax have to offer an the only thing even remotely close is a cooler master micro atx case, which looks ok - but I'm using a Soyo SY-K7V DRAGON Plus!, so the micro atx love won't cut it.

The emphasis being style, and quiet - as to match the Denon and B&K audio components I'm using in my home theater.

Any ideas for cases, or links to dealers would be very helpful.. I'm getting tired of googling..

-benjamin

b3n113
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:07 am

The only ATX tower I've seen that doesn't look like ass tilted on it's side is the lain-li pc-35 which can be found here..

my only complaint is that it's a little wide..

http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?acti ... &prdid=360

highlandr
Gerbil Elite

Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:34 pm

You might want to check out the website RKRvideo. It is down right now, but they have some impressive cases over there. Getting them to sell you just the case (without a system in it) may be difficult, but it's worth a shot.

Ahh, I just saw on avscience.com that they use an Antec rack-mount case for their HTPC (search that on google, it'll give you a lot of possible links)

If you fire over to antec-inc.com and check out their rackmount cases, you'll find that they're all black. They're kinda pricey too, but they're not low quality.

Anyways, just a few suggestions...

fink
Gerbil First Class

Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:51 pm

The only one that I have seen is the cooler master ATC-600 units. But, as you said, it is micro-ATX and the dragon will no fit. Sorry...