Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

HowardDrake
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

Sweet SFF case

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:30 am

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article146-page1.html

Does this look like a nice case or what? Hey Damage with your positive review of the Sonata think Antec can send you a review unit if this case? :D
No wonder television's a medium. It's so seldom rare or well done. -Mighty Mouse

getbornagain
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:09 am

looks pretty interesting

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:42 am

Nice looking case, but it looks like cabling it is a nightmare. Plus the inside is not as nice as the other SFF systems out there, as they put more thought into ergonomics.

mstrmold
Gerbil XP

Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:36 am

Hey Howard,

Yeah, I actually considered picking this up since it will accomidate a mini ATX motherboard. I could pick up the Gigabyte GAVT800M Athlon 64 motherboard and still have all the functionallity of an SFF plus the ability to have 3 hard disks in this sucker. Oh, and the fact that it would have three pci slots isn't too shabby either. :) Between the cost of the motherboard and this SFF case, it would still be cheaper (About $100) than buying Shuttles NF150 chipset based unit. Also, a 300watt power supply would be nice...

BTW, just order the SilentX 250 Watt power supply for the SN45G. Will let you know how it goes once it's installed.

-E

the_silver_bullet24
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:16 pm

Slick case. I probably won't see it in Canada for a while.

runwithit
Gerbil In Training

Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:45 am

I am pretty sure that DFI's new sff is using this case.

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:23 am

the_silver_bullet24 wrote:
Slick case. I probably won't see it in Canada for a while.

That's the suck part - having to wait a few months for the products to reach Canada. Hopefully Tigerdirect will carry more SFF's since they have a good selection right now.

Ususally the good parts cost an arm, a leg, and a few more parts. I want to upgrade my RAM but all you see is OCZ and the good stuff is a small fortune. I need to talk to my vendor and see what they can get thier hands on.
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

the_silver_bullet24
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:44 pm

lex-ington wrote:
That's the suck part - having to wait a few months for the products to reach Canada. Hopefully Tigerdirect will carry more SFF's since they have a good selection right now.

Ususally the good parts cost an arm, a leg, and a few more parts. I want to upgrade my RAM but all you see is OCZ and the good stuff is a small fortune. I need to talk to my vendor and see what they can get thier hands on.

The computer store I goto in Manitoba sold A64 chips for the longest time and they finally got the Asus K8T a few weeks ago. :roll:

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:24 pm

Have you ever condiderd ordering online from somewhere else like from http://www.ncix.com or checking http://www.pricenetwork.ca. EVenthough you probably do get it cheaper from where you go now. I just started really checking pricenetwork and see alot of places with lower prices than my usual joints but have never ordered something online.
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

the_silver_bullet24
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:12 pm

Yeah but I don't have a credit card and going to a store gives me an excuse to leave the house. I have priced out systems of the internet and priced out systems from stores and the difference is very small ($100?).