Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Easy CGI

Wed May 05, 2004 10:50 am

I have a web page where I want to have someone enter a four digit code, and then have it direct the person to a web page if they enter the correct code. Here is what I have so far:

<form method="GET">
<p>Please enter your four digit code:</p>
<p>
&<!--webbot bot="Validation" s-data-type="Number" s-number-separators="x." b-value-required="TRUE" i-minimum-length="4" i-maximum-length="4" s-validation-constraint="Greater than or equal to" s-validation-value="0629" --><input type="password" name="Code" size="4" maxlength="4"></p>
   <p><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1"><input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></p> 
</form>   

The problem I'm having is trying to get it to direct the customer to the page. I'm sure it's very easy, I've just been out of the programming loop for too long.

Thanks!

Topic Author

Thu May 06, 2004 5:44 pm

Nevermind, I figured out how to use it with JavaScript. Thought I would post this link as it is where I found the answer.

http://javascript.internet.com/ <- The Site
http://javascript.internet.com/passwords/three-tries.html <-The Answer

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu May 06, 2004 5:57 pm

My html is rusty, but you don't let them look at the source, do you? Or are you showing us the code stored on the server?

Topic Author

Thu May 06, 2004 7:34 pm

I actually did it with JavaScript, and yes, you can see the password in the source. I disable right clicking on that page in particular so that helps. Security really isn't a big issue as it is just a temporary thing to let only certain customers into our online store to test it. I'm not concerned if someone else goes in and orders something from us. :wink: