Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

Unborn
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:32 pm

I have had my radeon 8500 for about a month now and had no troubles with it. However 1 week ago I changed the Vid setting to watch a movie "as I do 5-6 Times a day". This somehow caused the card to act oddly. The TV-out worked, BUT the bottem of the display on the right bleed a good half inch past the end of the tv's display. On the upper right it was pushed in a good inch. This bending really makes the image look bad and distoreted and nomatter what I try I can not get it to revert to how it was.
I did reinstall older drivers but it changed nothing. Anyone have any ideas of what can cause this?? Thx for you input.

Unborn

Coldfirex
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:38 pm

The bendings on the TV right? Could be the TV itself. But tv's dont usually bend that fast in my experience. If you cant fix it on the computer's side eventually you should try having your tv tube calibrated.

Unborn
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:42 pm

I do know its not the TV. This happend once but i changed the setting for the vid card and it was fixxed. This time however its not working. Becouse of this I do no its not the tv. Both times the problem happend i was changeing the setting to watch Divx movies.

Unborn

Lao Tze
Gerbil First Class

Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:08 pm

I have a similar problem with my Radeon vivo, It only occurs when I am watching DVD's, I noticed that the luminous intensity affects it as well... I know it's not my TV as it's nearly brand new, and has no problems with everything else...

Unborn
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:14 pm

That is a good point. the brighter the color the worse the distortion. I dont know the cause of this but i do know it is not my TV becouse it runs well all other times.
James