Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

StrangeDay
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:07 pm

I just did the Ogrimmar version of the Succubus quest, and the Warsong Reports. Boy was that a kick in the pants. I'm Lvl 24 and it was still a pain.

I'm really sick of the Alliance guys on Windrunner. They keep taunting people without PvP flags up, doing the chicken dance and being annoying.

I was walking around Astranaar, trying to find the first guy for the Warsong reports. I'd passed a bunch of NE 30 somethings, but nobody bothered me. I see this Human Priest watching me, but I didn't think anything of it. She was spotting for a half dozen 45+ guys, waiting to gank me.

I blundered into NPC guards, and popped my flag trying Fear them to get away. Next thing I know ... Hit, Hit, I'm dead. They camped, and tried to get me as I res'd. On top of that, they kept waving to my corpse, like rubbing it in.

Oh, it makes me mad!

flybywire
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:18 pm

random gerbil wrote:
All this WoW playing has put a serious hurt on my f@h numbers. :-?

Same here. :P
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:34 pm

So i flew into southshore around 3am est. this morning, arriving right in the middle of a raid. Went on for about an hour, but they were eventualy driven off. BEing very outnumbered at first, i jumped in and poly'd someone (everything else i tried was resisted. Bein level 34 and them all lvl ??, yeah I got slaughtered time and again.

Oh and Velvet Elvis, im really sick of the Horde guys doin the same to me. It works both ways.
Does anyone remember laughter?

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:33 pm

Yep, it certainly does work both ways. I play on a PvP server most of the time, and I've yet to have a fair fight with the horde. It's always:

1. I'm fighting a mob, and am at half hp or less.
2. I get rolled by a group of people 20+ levels higher than me.
3. A high level rogue one or two shots me, and then proceeds to camp my corpse for the next 10-15 minutes.

The one thing that keeps my spirits up is the fact that I will have my revenge once I hit 60. :)
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan

dolemitecomputers

Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:50 pm

I usually won't out right attack other players if they are questing or I am questing unless I have to defend myself or I need to settle a score. Now if they attack tarren mills or crossroads then anything goes. :wink:

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:10 pm

Does anyone around here get together to do quests or instances? I've tried pickup groups for instances and its usually a joke. I've got a lvl 29 Shaman on Windrunner.

RoninGyrbill
Gerbil Elite

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:29 pm

DJK wrote:
Does anyone around here get together to do quests or instances? I've tried pickup groups for instances and its usually a joke. I've got a lvl 29 Shaman on Windrunner.

Good Lord Man! I'm a 29 Hunter on Windrunner. What the hell is your username? I'm Bronyraur, look me up. i'll be on tonight after some Indian Food. Still haven't done Wailing Caverns or Razorfen if you're interested.

It can really be hit or miss with random groups. My first time through Ragefire, I died 7 times and the group was a big cooperative mess. On this server my group was great. We uhm...pwn3d.

Player Hater
Gerbil Elite

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:49 pm

I am a lvl 31 soon to be 32 Warrior on Windrunner and unfortunately am in the middle of a move so my internet is down until Tuesday 3/1. I will be well rested though, so lvl 33 is probably in the works for me by next weekend.

As far as questing together is concerned. I have spent quite a bit of time with Ronin's Hunter and have done some Ragefire with Velvet Elvis.

I am usually down for whatever if anyone messages me in the game. There just havent been enough players on at once for us all to get together and quest.

We are getting there though. 4 of the 10 signatures are done and once we have the charter all worked out we will be a full fledged GUILD. It will be fun to have the extra tags.

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:52 pm

Anyone up for a friendly lil duel one o' these days? Not sure how to duel people of opposing factions, but it must be possible as a week ago a horde person somehow challenged me to a duel, though i declined as he was about 10 levels above me.

StrangeDay

Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:09 pm

random gerbil wrote:
Anyone up for a friendly lil duel one o' these days? Not sure how to duel people of opposing factions, but it must be possible as a week ago a horde person somehow challenged me to a duel, though i declined as he was about 10 levels above me.

I'm too low right now, but I'd love to get some dueling going on, especially before Battlegrounds.

As for unsavory Horde players, post their screen names. Maybe we Horde TR folks can put a hurting on them. I don't want WoW to turn into a bunch of asshats like the ones that turned me off to KOL.

We should make a pact that, 'cept for friendly duels, TR Horde and TR Alliance guys won't attack each other. I have yet to see a "gerbil" anything, so it will be pretty obvious who we are.

Hey Player,
I've got two more toons rolled up. I wanted to experiment with the other classes. How many characters are we allowed to join the guild with?

My alts are:
Uncas, Orc Warrior &
Luthiel, Undead Priest (I love the Undead)

StarkMjolk
Gerbil Elite

Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:52 am

Hey all.. I've been off from gaming for quite some time (exept for StarCraft naturally), but I believe I've fallen from the preasure from the whole WoW hype. Thinking of starting to play it, perhaps in a month or so. I guess you all here recon it's a good investment for entertainment?

And do you think a guy who loved diablo II will find WoW fun aswell? Still might resist getting it.. got really too much to do in school to play mmorpgs... but perhaps I'll fall for the temptation anyway. Only time can tell. :)

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:15 pm

I fell through the map last night. I dont recommend you do the same. You fall and die. O yeah i forgot the part where the only way to res is to use the spirit healer and be penalized res sickness and armor damage, yay... :roll: . Waited at least 20 min hoping a GM would assist but i guess im not payin enough of a subscription right now for that. :roll:

/rant

StrangeDay

Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:11 pm

random gerbil wrote:
I fell through the map last night. I dont recommend you do the same. You fall and die. O yeah i forgot the part where the only way to res is to use the spirit healer and be penalized res sickness and armor damage, yay... :roll: . Waited at least 20 min hoping a GM would assist but i guess im not payin enough of a subscription right now for that. :roll:

/rant

I did that too. Where did you do it?

My story is in a post above.

StrangeDay

Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:14 pm

StarkMjolk wrote:
Hey all.. I've been off from gaming for quite some time (exept for StarCraft naturally), but I believe I've fallen from the preasure from the whole WoW hype. Thinking of starting to play it, perhaps in a month or so. I guess you all here recon it's a good investment for entertainment?

And do you think a guy who loved diablo II will find WoW fun aswell? Still might resist getting it.. got really too much to do in school to play mmorpgs... but perhaps I'll fall for the temptation anyway. Only time can tell. :)

I see so much of everything I loved in Diablo II, in WoW, that I almost thing it was practice.

Try it, you'll love it. Your wife/GF/whatever ... won't.

BTW: Put a jar under the 'puter. You'll know what I mean.

StarkMjolk
Gerbil Elite

Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:02 pm

Velvet Elvis wrote:

My GF already plays it, that's the primary reasons I even concidered starting. :)

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:49 pm

WoW will drain your soul and make you want to come back for me.

Yes, you should start playing. :)
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:54 pm

Velvet Elvis wrote:
random gerbil wrote:

/rant

I did that too. Where did you do it?

My story is in a post above.

In stranglethorn vale outside Col. Kurzen's cave.
Last edited by random gerbil on Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrangeDay

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:37 am

StarkMjolk wrote:
Velvet Elvis wrote:

My GF already plays it, that's the primary reasons I even concidered starting. :)

You've been handed the keys to the Kingdom. Enjoy! :D

StrangeDay

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:40 am

random gerbil wrote:
In stranglethorn vale outside Col. Kurven's cave.

Not Familiar. I think the game tracks you, and renders the map when you cross a certain coordinate.

I think you and I just found two gaps in the pathfinding program. We exited one map, but didn't load into the new one. This is probably the reason there is no mountain climbing skill.

Then again, I'm no programmer ... so I don't really know.

Still, its kinda cool to say, "I fell through a hole in the world." :wink:

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:57 pm

lol. its like an elite society...like the stonemasons. ecept we readily admit to having fallen through the world.

StrangeDay

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:56 am

Ronin,
Glad to hear everthing was alright. Sorry I couldn't talk, as I was getting killed by the little plant whatsits in Wailing Caverns. The group I was with was less than functional. At one point I was getting creamed while a loot fight was going on. You dould tell when a group doesn't , well, group very much.

At one point I had to pull out the voidwalker, 'cause nobody could tank enough to protect me. There were too many little things that would walk around the occupied fighters.

At another point someone attacked that 50' tall elemental thing, and it wiped the group. It was only 21st level, but really elite, and it killed me in 2 or 3 hits. 1st hit stunned me, 2nd got me while I was sitting there, 3rd while I ran away for the kill. It ran faster.

The healer didn't know what my soulstones were, or how they worked. Everyone ran away as I was trying ritual of summoning. We had one poor guy who had to run back to the XR to fix all his busted gear, and I was trying to get him back in a timely manner.

The battle at Taurajo was cool, though. Even though I kept getting ganked by some NE named Ellendil. I can't remember the spelling of his/her name. These guys came in and killed every NPC in Taurajo, until we sent them off. There were a bunch of guys waiting around for their quest NPCs to spawn again. The bad side is I got trolled while calling out sightings on LocalDefense? It is like nobody knows what spotters are.

Random,
I rolled up a Gnome toon for various reasons. My first day out, some level 35 Orc was in the starting area doing exactly the same thing, cleaning out all the NPCs before the guards got him. I hate griefing and ganking, no matter the side. I wish I could remember the guy's name.

StrangeDay

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:58 am

BTW guys: We should have a census of everyone playing, and on what server they are on. Maybe we could talk one of the guys on the 1st page to edit their post, to include all this stuff for newer TR players, or start a new thread for it. What do you guys think?

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:04 am

I am.

Night Elf Hunter lvl 44
Human Mage lvl 6

Both on Eonar

Tauren Druid lvl 2 on Firetree.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

Player Hater
Gerbil Elite

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:05 am

I'll be back playing tonight Velvet. I am now a level 32 warrior. Cant wait to bust some Alliance ass. I was thinking about the rolling up of alts just to sign the guild charter. Sounds like a great idea. That way we can get a tabard and tags for our dudes.

I have missed Draal. I haven't played him in sooooo long.

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:27 am

I'm playing mostly on evenings and weekends.

"Spititaxe" Level 29 Orc Shaman, Windrunner.

If anyone wants to do some instances (Wailing Caverns, Razorfen, Scarlet Monistary) over the weekend just let me know.

Velvet Elvis: I've had terrible experiences with pickup groups myself. If we could get a steady group from TR together things might be easier.

[Edit: Added charecter name]
Last edited by DJK on Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrangeDay

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:17 am

Player Hater wrote:
I'll be back playing tonight Velvet. I am now a level 32 warrior. Cant wait to bust some Alliance ass. I was thinking about the rolling up of alts just to sign the guild charter. Sounds like a great idea. That way we can get a tabard and tags for our dudes.

I have missed Draal. I haven't played him in sooooo long.

I just made 26. Any chances you'd want to do Shadowfang? It would be great to see you back. Where was your character last? I could bring a bunch of my alts to Orgrimmar in a pinch. This weekend I'm going to try out different alts, to see which ones I'd really like to play.

I mostly want alts for farming and developing professional skills. I also want to have a character developed for every casting class, and to learn different play styles. I never want to be dumbfounded at another class' abilities.

The long term plan for any alts, is to have a spread of levels and locations to play with other players, and to respond to different attacks. I may try to get a couple of them up to 60, and just camp them at constant attack points, to hunt down ganking characters.

I also want viable options in case they screw up Warlocks anymore. It is a strange class.

We need six more sigs, right?

BTW Guys: Thanks for responding so quickly about the census idea.

DJK,
What is your guy's name?

Player Hater
Gerbil Elite

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:50 am

The only "instance" I have done all the way through is Ragefire Chasm. I am down to go through Wailing Caverns, Shadow Fang Keep, Razorfen Kraul, anything. I heard that they can take hours though. So we would have to set up a good time for a few of us to make it. That way we would have planned for the long haul.

RoninGyrbill
Gerbil Elite

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:05 pm

Razorfen, Shadowfang, Wailing, I haven't done any of them. Bring it! I don't care if I don't get any xp in Wailing Caverns. Last time I was there I got smacked and it's time for revenge.

I believe DJK is "Spiritaxe"..

I also may make a character who specializes in enchanting, so we can all have kickass gear. Of course, lvl'ing him up might take some time. :x

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:06 pm

Velvet Elvis wrote:
Random, I rolled up a Gnome toon for various reasons. My first day out, some level 35 Orc was in the starting area doing exactly the same thing, cleaning out all the NPCs before the guards got him. I hate griefing and ganking, no matter the side. I wish I could remember the guy's name.

I stumbled upon a raiding party last night of about 7-8 low 40s Horde attacking Dun Morogh/Thelsanaar (which is just wrong...most people there are like lv. 12). My level 38 mage and a few high 40s smacked em around.

Then i fly into Southshore and like every other time i did, there is a horde raid goin on. I dont mind the raids there since most guys are lv. 30+ and can fight back...though the lag sometimes is killer. I was questing so i didnt take part, but i came back an hour later and they were still fighting, near tarren mill.

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:19 pm

For Velvet Elvis' Census:

Mightyjanus = Lv. 39 Human Mage on Windrunner
Bonzo = Lv. 1 Human Warrior on Windrunner
Draygon = Lv. 12 Human Warrior on Warsong