Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:47 am

Is it just me or has the lag gotten worse since they implemented that patch to help improve it.
Last edited by random gerbil on Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Jon
Gerbil Elite

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:09 am

on nerzhul, the server i play on there was a HUGE raid on orgrimaar by about 40 level 55+'s. i was standing in the middle of it and there must have been easily 200-300 players on screen and the latency didn't drop anything lower than 300ms (cable). the lag wasn't too bad either, i think they've made large improvements with that patch. one of the things they mentioned that was fixed in the patch was having better server stability when large groups of people are gathered in small areas. the server handled the raid quite nicely.
-Playing shooters on a console is like doing brain surgery with an ice-cream scoop-

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:22 am

I got killed during a small raid on SS by about 5 horde guys...got real laggy for a bit and i died...was bad. And the AH in IF is always bad when i go by there.

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:30 pm

So does anyone want to get together to do an instance dungeon this weekend?

My charecter:
Spiritaxe - lvl 31 Orc Shaman - Windrunner Server.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:52 pm

I finally bit the bullet and created a character on Windrunner. I don't know how often I'll be on it, but I'd be more than willing to play with some of you guys.

Caliban- Undead Priest
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:57 pm

Man talk about the group from hell. Got flamed for winning two blue bind on pickup items in the SM (we were only 25% of the way through and already they were bickering as if there wouldnt be anything more up ahead). And they were items that i could actually use, mind you (and the first time ive won any blue items ever). And i said flatout im gonna roll for bind on equip items regardless of what it is but that if someone needs it and will use it to just speak up and i will happilly give it to them if i win. But just bc its plate or mail or whatever doesnt mean the guy who uses plate or mail or whatever will use that item, especially when he has somethin better already!! But thats all too hard to do and too much to comprehend apparently, and im "greedy" even though anyone of them could have won both items just as easily if they had better luck. Key word here is luck. They quickly forgot about all the other things they won by luck, including two chests along the way. There have been times i never won anything worthwhile in a group, and i didnt mind bc i realized that it will all balance itself out over time. People are such babies sometimes.

/rant

Player Hater
Gerbil Elite

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:41 pm

DJK wrote:

My charecter:

I am cool to do a instance this weekend.

Pick a time and I can make it, almost assuredly. I believe that Ronin and Velvet Elvis are both around lvl 30 as well.

Ronin is named Bronyraur and is a Hunter.
Velvet is named Malagaunt but I forget his class, I think Warlock though.
I am named Draal and am a lvl 33 Warrior.

That could make a pretty kick ass group if we can find a priest to go along. We shall see. I would love to do Razorfen Kraul and Wailing Caverns. I have only seen the very beginnings of each.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:02 pm

Player Hater wrote:
That could make a pretty kick ass group if we can find a priest to go along.

Help me grind out around 20 levels and I'll roll with ya. ;)
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:18 pm

People at work playing this game, people in TR, ack....it's calling to me! Maybe I'll join in a few weeks.

RoninGyrbill
Gerbil Elite

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:46 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:
People at work playing this game, people in TR, ack....it's calling to me! Maybe I'll join in a few weeks.

Burned by past mmorpgs or not, resistance is futile. You, Velvet, Hater and I can discuss George Martin novels while hunting down RandomGerbil, the Alliance Scum.

Dizik: Lol, I just started an undead priest as a secondary too! Gerbiliana... She's hot if you look past the falling out hair and rotten jaw :wink:

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:59 pm

RoninGyrbill wrote:
Burned by past mmorpgs or not, resistance is futile.

I have only one thing to say to that:
link

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Player Hater wrote:
DJK wrote:

My charecter:

I am cool to do a instance this weekend.

Pick a time and I can make it, almost assuredly. I believe that Ronin and Velvet Elvis are both around lvl 30 as well.

Ronin is named Bronyraur and is a Hunter.
Velvet is named Malagaunt but I forget his class, I think Warlock though.
I am named Draal and am a lvl 33 Warrior.

That could make a pretty kick ass group if we can find a priest to go along. We shall see. I would love to do Razorfen Kraul and Wailing Caverns. I have only seen the very beginnings of each.

How about 12:00 PM Saturday (server time)? And we can do Wailing Caverns first for some practice working as a group.

StrangeDay
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:49 pm

DJK wrote:
How about 12:00 PM Saturday (server time)? And we can do Wailing Caverns first for some practice working as a group.

I think server time is about two hours ahead of me. I've got a family party though. I'll have to go to that, but I'll be on afterward, at about 4 or 5 server time. I'll look foryou guys.

I have a 26 Warlock, but I plan on level grinding tonight, for a bit. There is also a guy I know from WoW, named Nosferatu, with a funny "e," that wants to game with us. He's a 27 Warrior, last I checked. He's a good one to invite for the guild too.

StrangeDay

Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:50 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:

Hawkwing, I've got a ton of alts waiting to play. I need the excuse to grind them anyway. We're all waiting. Join us....

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:32 pm

RoninGyrbill wrote:
Hawkwing74 wrote:

Burned by past mmorpgs or not, resistance is futile. You, Velvet, Hater and I can discuss George Martin novels while hunting down RandomGerbil, the Alliance Scum.

Dizik: Lol, I just started an undead priest as a secondary too! Gerbiliana... She's hot if you look past the falling out hair and rotten jaw :wink:

Come get me. My lv. 41 mage is looking for a challenge. Would you like it nice and toasty, or chilled and frozen. 4 on 1. And i win. :wink:

StrangeDay

Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:03 pm

Hey DJK,
Did you crash? Brewtal and I waited for a bit, but we left WC.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:06 pm

LONGEST INSTALL EVER
WHEN TF DO I GET TO PLAY

god, install 4 disks, create account, user agreement, user agreement, user agreement, sign in, intro movie, oh wait, we need to download 53MB of patches to your system
WHICH ISNT WORKING :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :x :x

dolemitecomputers

Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:17 pm

I finally got my hands on some noggenfogger elixir. In case you haven't seen what it does, it will morph you into a skeleton and lasts for 10 minutes.

Speaking of skeletons, have any of you been in the razorfen downs instance? There is a section that has a enormous skeleton npc on top of a pile of bones and skulls with about 30 smaller skeletons doing the undead dance. It is a riot to watch.

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:13 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:
LONGEST INSTALL EVER
WHEN TF DO I GET TO PLAY

god, install 4 disks, create account, user agreement, user agreement, user agreement, sign in, intro movie, oh wait, we need to download 53MB of patches to your system

Is it not working after installing the patch, or is it having issues downloading the patch?

StrangeDay

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:27 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:
LONGEST INSTALL EVER
WHEN TF DO I GET TO PLAY

Yay, you bought it! Remember to go Windrunner, and then make up a character. Make a Horde one if you want to play with my guy, or alliance to play with Random's guys.

We can't join both TR guilds, if we have alt on both sides, can we?

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:06 am

I'm Arthurdayne, lvl 7 human paladin on Windrunner

RoninGyrbill
Gerbil Elite

Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:03 am

Alliance scum...

And Gerold Hightower kicks Arthur Dayne's ass. :wink:

I'm glad you were able to get on eventually. I'll admit the install isn't exactly short, but I had no trouble with patches.

StrangeDay

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:34 am

RoninGyrbill wrote:
Alliance scum...

And Gerold Hightower kicks Arthur Dayne's ass. :wink:

I'm glad you were able to get on eventually. I'll admit the install isn't exactly short, but I had no trouble with patches.

I'll be sure to salute you, when I see you. Though, you won't understand a word I say.

StrangeDay

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:25 am

Census should be up and running! PM me with missing or incorrect info. Sorry it took so long. I'm prep'ing for midterms. :cry:

BTW: Windrunner guys,
I'll be on sometime around 4 or 5 for SFK tonght, if you guys are still on.

I have to get meet with a babysitter candidate, and actually do some work for my study group, before they kick me out. Since I study with a top 10er, and two top 20s, I can't afford to get booted.

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:18 am

Velvet Elvis wrote:
Hey DJK,

Sorry about that. My cable modem decided to crap out on me and I couldn't get out to the internet for a while.

Anyway I hope to be able to do Shadow Fang Keep with you guys today. If my modem dies again I'll have to call Comcast out this week.

StrangeDay

Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:45 am

DJK wrote:
Velvet Elvis wrote:
Hey DJK,

Sorry about that. My cable modem decided to crap out on me and I couldn't get out to the internet for a while.

Anyway I hope to be able to do Shadow Fang Keep with you guys today. If my modem dies again I'll have to call Comcast out this week.

I've had that happen when they were working on the lines, but your problem sounds different, if it has happened more than once.

StrangeDay

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:21 pm

For those of us doing SFK in a bit ...

link
This one's going to hurt. :o
Endboss!

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:02 am

All right, I agree, this game is pretty good. It makes Ultima Online look like a puppet show in comparison.

I got a lot of joy out of mining and blacksmithing my own suit of armor. That sure saved some money.

Unfortunately the Kobolds had my number today, and they killed me at least 5 times. Sad.

StrangeDay

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:41 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
All right, I agree, this game is pretty good. It makes Ultima Online look like a puppet show in comparison.

I got a lot of joy out of mining and blacksmithing my own suit of armor. That sure saved some money.

Unfortunately the Kobolds had my number today, and they killed me at least 5 times. Sad.

If you want, next week maybe I could use my NE or Gnome toons to group with you for a bit. I'm on spring break next week, and between homework and housework, I'm gonna get some WoW in.

BTW: The TR Horde Crew on Windrunner went through SFK like a hot knife through butter. :wink:
Last edited by StrangeDay on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:32 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:

5 times, lol, thats not much. All i have to say is that if there is one thing mages know, its dying.