Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

RandomNull
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

CGI program

Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:01 pm

Ok I don't know if there is where I should be posting this but I need a program that can take my input and create an html page w/cgi to make a type of form people can fill out and have it take parts from that filled out form and e-mail me w/them as the subject.
I have looked into it and found no user friendly like programs.
I just want to be able to create a page and make it useable without having to learn perl or any of that other crap.
If you know of any good programs or programs that can be *found* for free LMK please.
P.S. no I do not know how to punctuate. =p

fc34
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:41 am

You could go here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=U ... gi+scripts

there is a list of free CGI/Perl scripts that you can download from, I dont think that there is a free program that will generate perl/CGI scripts for you. At least look for some that you can download and modify.
Windows XP - The 64-bit wannabe with a 32-bit graphics interface for 16-bit extensions to a 8-bit patch on a 4-bit operating system designed to run on a 2-bit processor by a company that can't stand 1-bit of competition

RandomNull
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:52 am

hehe smart ass.
I looked on google.
Like you said I am looking for a program to create the scripts for me, couldn't find one that did what I wanted it to and don't want to have to manually edit them.

fc34
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:10 am

Hey! Watch your mouth. We're supposed to remain calm and friendly here, remember?? :D

I already answered you. I just said that I don't think such a program exists for free, and you would be better off looking for some scripts that you can modify for your website.
Windows XP - The 64-bit wannabe with a 32-bit graphics interface for 16-bit extensions to a 8-bit patch on a 4-bit operating system designed to run on a 2-bit processor by a company that can't stand 1-bit of competition

morphine
TR Staff

I can prepare a PHP script for you...

Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:15 pm

... presuming you've got PHP (even the CGI flavor) on your webserver. Lemme know in irc (#techreport @ freenode).