Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, Steel

dolemitecomputers
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Vantec EZSwap Drive Rack

Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:56 am

I'm not sure if anyone else has one of these but I just got one yesterday and can't seem to get it to work correctly. I got the drive installed and recognized by the computer but when I power it on the LCD beeps like crazy until I press one of buttons. After that none of the buttons do anything so I cant change the temperature threshold or any settings. The fan on the back works but I'm not sure if it is a problem with the thermal sensor or something else. Any suggestions?

Buub
Maximum Gerbil

Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:43 pm

Maybe it's defective. I don't remember having that many problems with mine.

You might also take it apart and re-inspect all your cable connections to make sure they're OK.

dolemitecomputers
Topic Author

Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:57 pm

Does it matter what order the red, yellow, and green cables are in? Like I said the drive works so I assume they are correct. Also what does that jumper on the back do?

dolemitecomputers
Topic Author

Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:14 pm

Yeah It looks like I will have to RMA it. I figured out if I turn it on for the first time it beeps constantly like I said but if I shut it off and turn it right back on it works fine. If I shut off the power and wait more than a minute and power it back on it loses the settings I made. Seems to be a problem with the program itself I assume.

Buub
Maximum Gerbil

Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:23 am

It shouldn't lose the settings. Sounds like it's messed up.