Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

Nemesis
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Feb 28, 2002 4:21 pm

Well firstly i would just like to say hello as your new "Case modds" forum modderator, any problems or questions, drop me a line at [email protected] and i will endeavour to help you out.

I have just recently placed orders for the components of my first majour outing into case modding, it will hopefully be a fully windowed, neoned, water cooled, baybussed fully tricked out Lian-Li PC-70. Well that is once all of the parts arrive and i find the odd minute to attack the thing with my dremel etc.

As the title shows i would love to see and hear about anyones case modding nightmares and equally any projects that out performed your original plans (Pretty pictures are always welcome).

Let the modded cases comence!!!
If it aint broke, fix it till it is...
----------------------------------------
Moderating the world, one post at a time...
Cases and Power Supplies
General Hardware

dolemitecomputers
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Feb 28, 2002 4:52 pm

Moderator with just one post?

VooBass
Gerbil XP

Thu Feb 28, 2002 5:52 pm

Shouldn't a moderator be required to use basic spelling skills?
Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Not lifting weights doesn't kill me. Therefore, not lifting weights makes me stronger.

tarball
Gerbil

Thu Feb 28, 2002 6:20 pm

shouldnt the moderator in the case mods forum have modded cases before;)

Nemesis
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:30 pm

Well hey give me a break guys, to address some of the points already raised in this thread, sorry for not running every one of my posts through a spell checker, to ensure that all of the grammar and spelling meets all of your high requirements!!

I have modded cases in the past but as my post states this is my "first major outing into case modding" i.e. heavily modded case, not just the odd blow hole here and window there, but the whole shooting match.

And as for only one post, I posted a lot on the old tech report forums helping people out when and where I could, I was just willing to give some time to the tech forums when damage asked if there was anyone around who was willing to moderate some of his forums for him, So how’s about you get to know me for who I am before you go around to dissing me as a moderator!!!

As I said before any questions or queries feel free to post them here or post them directly to me at the e-mail address detailed above!!

Nemesis OUT!!!
If it aint broke, fix it till it is...

----------------------------------------

Moderating the world, one post at a time...

Cases and Power Supplies

General Hardware

dolemitecomputers
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:34 pm

Ok. That's cool.

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:41 am

Yep, Neme's a god guy, though a little short on the grammar/spelling end of things.

Welcome back, Nem.

Nemesis
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:16 am

Sorry if any part of my last post seemed a little terse it wasn't intended to be :smile:

Anyway, anyone out there got any case modds they want to share with the world!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nemesis on 2002-03-03 14:28 ]</font>

Aruna
Gerbil

Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:42 pm

Well, I did my first case mod a couple weeks ago. Got the idea from bit-tech.net, about stealthing cdrom drives and the like. So what I did was use the front aluminum pieces that you take out to put your cdrom and floppy, and cut them. They look exactly like they do at this page:

http://www.bit-tech.net/article/35/1

The only things my case doesn't have are the casters, those wicked cool knobs, and the window. I've modded the floppy and the cdrom drives to look that what's in the picture though.. Now I just have to figure out how to cut a straight line for my pioneer slot load DVD!

I like the nice clean lines that are now on my case as opposed to the crappy natural beige!