Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

thorz
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

The ultimate PDA: The Wrist PDA !!!

Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:36 am

I was looking a preview of the new wrist watches from M$ and look what I found:

http://www.fossil.com/Tech/techpdapalms ... Tier1=Tech

Jezus! Thia is the one to have this year. It look soo k33ul! and its Palm OS, what means no battery problems. And it looks much better than M$ ones IMO. Off cpourse the support of applications can be limited at the time for the small screen size, but heh!, sure that there are going to come some cool things to install there. And the basic support of the OS is enough for what I am needing.

Steel
Global Moderator

Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:53 am

Yeah, I'm definitely on pins and needles waiting for this one. I'd use my Palm IIIx much more than I do if it were easier to carry with me.
Off cpourse the support of applications can be limited at the time for the small screen size

The screen resolution is the same as a standard Palm so the only problem with standard apps is they'd be very, very tiny. But since I'm nearsighted, I don't have a problem with that ;).

Dissonance
Gerbil Elite

Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:26 pm

I saw an early version of this at Comdex last year, and they've really shrunk the whole thing down from its original incarnation. This implementation looks very slick, but yeah, the screen I saw last year was really hard to read when dealing with text.

This kind of device seems to be begging for Bluetooth, though. Being able to sync it while you're wearing it, sitting at your desk, would really be nice.