Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

ANApex
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:17 am

Well today I was casually surfing through tech sites when I ran across this headline at ocprices.com 'FBI "accidentally" shoots man that looks like a bank robber'. Well with my curiousity piqued I followed the link to read the article, After starting to read the article I quickly realized that I knew the places they mentioned, it turns out the freak shooting was just down the street from where I live. To me it just seems strange that this article was a headliner on a completely non-local tech hardware site. Anyone else run across stuff like this during their time on the net?

Bruce
Gerbil Elite

Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:31 am

I didn't realise what a cult following Simon Travaglia (author of the BOfH) had. I used to work at the same university as him....

J5
Gerbil First Class

Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:41 pm

Is that true??? Accidentaly looked like a freaking bank robber?! I'd be scared. I might accidently look like a rapist or serial killer and coincidentally get killed.

ANApex
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:37 am

It turns out the FBI pulled them over because the car they were in matched the description of the bank robbers car. The FBI then ordered them out of the car but when the guy reached to unbuckle his seat belt the agent shot him. Luckily the bullet went through the lower jaw and the guy is still alive. All I can say is he's gonna get some serious cash.