I have a computer system that I would like to submit for your Mod’s section. Though I have been reader the reviews and info here at The Tech Report, I never really felt sure about joining any forums. Now I feel I have a chance to contribute something in the way of inspiration for modders (I think anyway), and was hoping to do so with your Case Mod section. I sincerely hope you all enjoy the pictures. Thank you. I actually finished this case last year around February, and am still using it to this day.
This desk was built from the ground up by me and a little help from my father. We both love to tinker and build things. And aside from our normal argumentative nature (his side of the family) we managed to complete the whole project in just under 4 weeks, outside of our normal jobs and with our own free time.
This was the finished product.
When it's closed
Just after finishing in my garage
Another angle, in my garage
I even decided to go a little crazy and built a plexiglass housing for my top hard drive. Unfortunately, after a week, the hard drive would fail, as did it's replacements, 3 times consecutively. So it is now just for looks and not functional.
My interior control and CD-Roms
The innards, all glowing and looking pretty.
As it sits, ominously in the corner of my room, in the dark.
I have, since finishing the desk, upgraded several key features including and not limited to:
1. Upgraded from a GeForce 5200 to a 6800 GTOC
2. 1gb to 2gb of ram
3. A wireless, keychain remote (Like most car alarms) for its On/Off switch and reset.
4. Epox MoBo with a 2.0ghz Willamette Processor to an Asus AI MoBo with a 2.6 Northwood Processor OC’d to 2.83mhz (not very aggressive)
5. With the exception of all of my doomed hard drives (plexiglass enclosure) I started with two Maxtor 300gb SATA drives, and now have 4 running in a RAID 0/1 configuration.
6. Upgraded the keyboard to the Logitech G15 with the LCD display.
7. The mouse to the Logitech MX6000 Laser.
Other than that, the features are as follows.
The remaining features are as follows:
- Dell 2001FP 20.1 inch Monitor (made a bracket for it myself)
- Nostromo 52N Speedpad
- Enermax 500 Watt power supply
- Only 4 120mm Case fans, 2 intake and 2 exhaust, that are adjusted for a higher internal air pressure to keep out that annoying dust and cat fur. With the stock Intel Heatsink and a new Blue LED fan as well. The systems internal ambient air temperature never goes above 37 degrees Celsius, even with extreme gaming. The fan control is hidden under the front lip of the interior of the case, so it isn’t in the way and I can easily reach and adjust it by simply removing the glass.
- 2 Lite-On and LG Drives, 1 is a DVD-Rom drive, and the other is a 40x ReWriteable drive. (recently replaced both with a single Plextor DVD-Re-writable drive.
- Creative Audigy 2 ZS with internal drive bay panel.
- Hawking 802.11g wirless card (The only thing that I would never recommend to anyone)
- Kinyo 5.1 Surround Headphones
- Creative 5200 5.1 surround sound speaker system
I am sure there are a few more things that I have neglected to mention, and since I am at work at the moment, it is difficult to remember absolutely everything off hand. So...I apologize, I wanted to give you the full experience to my best ability. Hopefully, though, all of this will give you a good idea of what I have done. I also apologize if this was a bit more than you had recommended someone send to you.
Well, thank you for bearing with me. I really do appreciate it.