Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

Xplicid911
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Thermaltake Xaser III V1000D Good or Bad?

Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:53 pm

ive heard a lot about this case, and before purchasing it i wanted to kno you opion. i hear The clip for the expansion slots arnt made with current cards in mind and round cables are a tight fit. ive read on newegg and heard from a friend. but 7 or however many fans sounds pretty good. ne one kno or have expirence with this case. ne info would be good?

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:47 am

Here is a good review of the case and how it stacks up against it's predecessor.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-67-1.htm
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

BlueC4
Gerbil First Class

Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:18 pm

I currently have the Xaser II case, and I love it. Only one bad flaw, dust. But its simple to fix, just blow out the dust every once and awhile, and im also looking into installing some filters soon. Its very quiet and i love looking into my computer with the side panel window. Its also very easy to move stuff around inside the case, theres plenty of room. Its great looking! Im sure the Xaser III is much better, but its still the same platform as mine, so thats why I replied. :D

Hope that helps!
Abit AV8 Mobo, AMD 64 3000+ (Venice) (O/C'd to 2ghz)/ 1024mb (512mb x 2) Dual-Channel DDR PC3700 / 2x WD 120GB SATA / Samsung 16x Dual-Layer DVD-RW / GeForce 6600GT / Antec Case w/ 430watt Antec PSU